Job description / Role
The Chief Academic Officer (CAO) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of academic affairs at the University. Working closely with the Vice Chancellor & CEO, the CAO leads the development and supervises the implementation of academic strategies, policies and procedures whose purpose is to ensure the fullest achievement of the University's educational mission, goals and objectives.
• Collaborate with the Vice Chancellor and CEO in formulating strategies and action plans for developing the academic offerings of the University.
• Monitor operations of all academic units of the University to ensure compliance with CAA Standards and other relevant laws and regulations.
• Present to the Vice Chancellor and CEO an annual hiring plan (based on projected needs) for full-time and adjunct faculty for inclusion in the annual budget.
• Review and approve the selection of candidates for full-time faculty positions and submit recommendations to the Vice Chancellor and CEO for final approval and advancing to HR.
• Lead the annual budgeting process for the academic units and present budget proposals to the Vice Chancellor and CEO.
• Review and approve all submissions to the CAA by the academic units (e.g., self-studies for initial program accreditation or renewal of accreditation, substantive change applications).
• Conduct the annual performance evaluation for all academic staff in the University and submit a summary thereof to the Vice Chancellor and CEO.
• Chair the University Curriculum Committee (UCC) and oversee the curriculum development process.
• Develop a research agenda that involves all academic units in accordance with UOBD’s Strategic Plan, and foster the development of a research culture.
• Develop and implement a plan for continuous pursuit of teaching effectiveness and instill a culture of teaching excellence among faculty.
• Perform external outreach and representation functions and build collaborative relationships that advance UOBD’s mission achievement and enhance its reputation.
• An earned doctoral degree from a recognized / accredited Western university.
• Minimum 7 years in a high-level (Dean or higher) academic administration position at an accredited university that follows the North American model of higher education.
Other Skills / Requirements:
• Native-speaker proficiency in English (Arabic is a plus).
• Proven track record of accomplishment in university-level teaching and excellence in research.
• Proven track record of successful and effective leadership at least at the Dean level.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Excellent people skills.
• Proficiency in the use of common information technology systems, software and applications.
• Innovativeness and a forward-looking mindset.
Interested applicants please send your updated resume online.
About the Company
The University of Balamand Dubai (UOBD) was established in the UAE in 2017 as a private, independent institution of higher learning, located at Dubai Investments House, Dubai Investments Park (DIP). Licensed by the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the United Arab Emirates, UOBD opened its doors in September 2018. The academic programs offered by UOBD in the different disciplines are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the MOE; new programs are under review for Initial Accreditation by the CAA. UOBD enjoys the support of Dubai Investments PJSC and builds on the long-standing reputation and legacy of the University of Balamand in Lebanon (UOB). UOBD operates as an independent institution in the UAE under an exclusive license from UOB to use the name and intellectual property of UOB. UOBD follows the North American model in the design of its programs and curricula and in its organizational setup. UOBD’s educational philosophy is based on the liberal education model, which aims to provide students with a transformative, holistic learning experience that enables them to achieve professional success, realize their personal aspirations and contribute to the advancement of society and humankind.
Team Admin / Office Manager
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|
Executive / Personal Assistant (Property/Real Estate Development)
Academic Vice Principal