Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Chief Accountant to join our successful business.
This Role is responsible for all Finance functions including, but not limited to: controlling, managing, authorizing, evaluating and implementing Company Financial decisions in areas covering Revenue, Receivable, Payable, Cash/Banking, Payroll and General Ledger including other regulations. Reporting to the Finance and Commercial Manager
• Manage the performance and development of all employees in a timely and effective manner which will reflect in their development and competencies.
• Responsible of handling complete Accounts Department and the entire accounting activities independently. Provide high level advice, consultancy, and financial awareness to achieve financial targets.
• Review, Forecast and analyse budget, revenue, expenditure trends, payroll entries, invoices & other accounting documents and prepare ,present Monthly, Quarterly & Annually Financial Statements, as per IFRS.
• Ensure that the annual budget is implemented in every area of the business and recommend appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control. Liaison with internal and external auditors, banks and regulatory authorities on strict timelines.
• Develop financial awareness within the business through continuous learning sessions imparted to the key decision makers and senior manager.
• Review accounts payable and receivable periodically, by reporting any discrepancies, that have impact on cash flow.
• Ensure payments to suppliers, staff, and other external parties are made as per company policies and procedures, specifically payroll
• The person should know the latest accounting laws, procedures, VAT, Taxes and IFRS, should take full ownership of this process.
• Able to develop accounting procedures and review product costing, pricing and make corrective actions if required.
• Minimum 6 year’s work experience
• Minimum 3 years in managing a team
• Experience in QSR multi-unit, FMCG or high-end F&B establishment is a plus.
• Effective leadership, team player also capable of motivating and supporting a team.
• MBA / CMA, ACA, ACCA with Bachelors in Finance or Accounting
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.