Job description / Role
We are proud to hold solid reputation within the market for being a strong competitor as well as an employer of choice. Due to our expanding portfolio of clients we are now seeking an experienced Chief Accountant .
Reporting to Accounts Manager you will be responsible for reviewing the workflow of the accounts department, looking at ways to allocate work to the team and create efficiencies in the processes and systems used.
As well as this you will also oversee and approve all the day to day accounting functions, ensuring the team meets deadlines and working closely with the Accounts Manager creating and submitting all financial reports for final approval and sign off and timely delivery to the Directors.
The successful applicant should be CA qualified or similar and possess excellent communication skills, well versed with all accounting terms, banking functions and software’s with a minimum of 5 years UAE experience in trading industry. You will be an expert people manager and able to bring people onside and get the best out of them.
• Organizing and implementing company accounting processes and systems
• Banking negotiations
• LC Management
• Cash flow Management
• Accounting Management
• Staff Management
• Previous experience in a trading company managing high volume transactions
• Staff Management and process and system implementation
• ERP management and implementation
• Degree qualified with ACCA, CA or similar qualifications
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Highly organized with strong time management skills
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and Focus an advantage
• Should have knowledge in IFRS
• Hands on experience in handling working capital facilities with bank
• Thorough exposure to international letter of credit including claims under export LC
• Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
• Experience in MIS in international trading business is a must
• CA/ CPA/ ICWA with at least 5 years gulf experience
• Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
• Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
• Evaluate computerized accounting systems and provide recommendations to IT team for performance improvements.
• Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review.
• Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
• Monitor expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances and report the same to management.
• Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion.
• Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed.
• Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities for assigned accounts.
• Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
• Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
• Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
About the Company
Caspian Chemical is a well-known supplier of chemical raw materials mainly to the Middle East, Subcontinent and African countries with more than 50 years of experience. We supply high quality products from well-known multinational principals to the Lubricants, Rubber, Coating, Foam and Adhesives industries. We are proud to hold solid reputation within the market for being a strong competitor as well as an employer of the choice.