Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for : Chief Accountant
Job Summary: The job holder of this position is responsible for providing advice on financial management by analyzing and communicating financial information to the senior management. The job holder also plans and directs accounting activities, liaises closely with seniors to provide a comprehensive accounting support service.
- Follow all relevant Financial policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Oversee the preparation of budgets
- Ensure adherence to accounting standards and conduct audit in various areas including accuracy of billing, payroll, inventories, payable and receivables
- Direct and supervise all operations related to receivables and payables
- Plan, manage, coordinate and implement the year end closing processing for the assigned accounting records
- Oversee the cash management and retail sales
- Provide technical accounting support and interpretation
- Ensure that all suppliers' accounts are fully reconciled
- Oversee the verification and reconciliation for invoices, receipts and balances
- Responsible for the preparation of inter-company reconciliations and the resolution of outstanding items
- Maintain, update and reconcile all accounts and financial records for the company
- Prepare and manage annual and multi-year budgets and business plans
- Direct the installation and maintenance of accounting records
- Support in cash management, banking, vendor relationships and implementation of the ERP system
- Liaise with HR on the financial and timely payment arrangements for the monthly payroll
- Coordinate with internal/external auditors and provide them with needed data
- Oversee the preparation of monthly management report s and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including "Budget vs. Actual" variance reports
- Provide a comprehensive financial, accounting advice services and various reports and statements to business units' managers
- Prepare variety of studies, reports and related information and interpretation to the management for decision making purposes
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.