Job description / Role
Kemipex is hiring a young energetic and honest Chief Accountant should be able to manage the team of 2-4 people independently.
Responsibilities include maintaining complete set of books, reconciling accounts, assist month end close procedures and communicate with local banks. You must be a successful Accountant combines with excellent analytical skills, thorough knowledge of accounting principles, reading and analyzing financial reports and forecasts.
• This position will report to Finance Manager and will manage 2-3 accountants reporting to him/her.
• Organize, monitor booking of all transactions and reconcile accounts timely and accurately
• Follow up closely Accounts payable and meet payment deadlines.
• Maintain error-free accounting records and reports
• Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
• conduct financial analysis and interpret results of the operation
• Participate in process planning and improvement
• Prepare and review accounting schedules prior to close of books
• Complete knowledge of country VAT law and assist preparing month VAT declarations
• Plan, assign and review staff’s work
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Ensure best practices / internal controls are adhered to
• Ensure compliance with Accounting/Finance principles
• Deal with local banks and external Auditors
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of 8 years proven experience as a Chief/senior Accountant in reputed organization
• Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of IRFS
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Hands-on experience with accounting software packages such as MS. Dynamics, SAP, Focus
• Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Must be a self-starter and able to complete work with minimum supervision
• Relevant certification, preferably CA, CIMA or ACCA, B.com or Bsc in Accounting
About the Company
Built over a rich legacy of over 50 years in the Chemical Industry, Kemipex is a leading developer and supplier of technologically-advanced and economically-improved chemical products and solutions. Based in the Middle East, we are involved in business operations across the globe. Apart from being key players in several chemical sectors like food, pharma, coatings and advanced construction raw materials, we are primarily a leading market figure in the Lubricant industry. Complying with various industrial specifications, our potent resources and strong technological database help us maximize the reliability, efficiency and lifespan of our customers finished products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Accounts Payable & VAT Accountant
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||23 Feb|
Irwin & Dow