Job description / Role
- The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is jointly responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and future development of focused on both Retail, Distribution and E commerce of the business in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the Chief Executive Officer.
- The CCO will be responsible for revenue growth within the organization.
- Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: Retail, Wholesale, Visual Merchandising and E Commerce.
- Directs internal operations to achieve budgeted results and other financial criteria.
- Participates in the development and preparation of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based upon organizational goals and objectives and recommends their adoption to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Develops and establishes operating policies consistent with the CEO’s broad policies and objectives and ensures its adequate execution.
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
- Manage, motivate, inspire lead teams, investing time in their development.
- Oversee all financial strategy, management, and compliance. Keep CEO and leadership team informed, with ready access to necessary reports, data, and performance metrics.
- Ensure brand management and overall growth in the brand.
- Ensure that each commercial function operates to the highest standards and delivers the agreed objectives both short term as well as long term. Maintain and demonstrate a clear focus on return on investment in all commercial deals and operations.
- Ensure that adequate resources are available from a technological point of view.
- Work with the Ecommerce Manager to further build the E-commerce platform, to help grow the online business.
- Identify and establish the sales channels both internal and external platforms.
- Work with the Retail Team to develop and deploy a strategy that will maximize revenue streams for all retail operations.
- Design operating budget and manage expenses.
- Utilize market intelligence and performance data including benchmarking and horizon scanning to understand competitor standards and make improvements in service delivery accordingly to remain “best in field”.
- Present and consult with CEO on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and wholesale channels.
- Maintain excellent communication with the key accounts.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships and identify opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and wholesale channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Maintain the visual merchandising standards through the team
- Ensure direction with regards to the commerciality of the business is maximized through visual standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Management.
- Commercial and Retail experience desirable.
- 10+ years gained in retail environments in sales and merchandising, experience in management positions.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges.
- Outstanding sales management skill.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills.
- Ability to be hands-on as well as strategic.
- Managing People.
- Cost Consciousness.
About the Company
A leading lifestyle retail and distribution company in UAE.
General Manager - Consumer
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Regional Commercial Excellence Director
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Head of Sales - FMCG