Job description / Role
This role will be part of a large engineering and construction team managing all aspects of the development and administration of the civil works associated with the Rail projects, buildings, facilities, and precast yards
Our client is a leading transportation company in the Middle East
Manage all aspects of the development and administration of the civil works associated with the Rail projects, buildings, facilities, and precast yards management including but not limited to monitor the relevant activities program, evaluate change requests and prepare recommendations, follow up implementation of plans and procedures at all levels.
* Review civil works construction methods related data in coordination with civil team, and review the project consultant's progress reports.
* Ensure that all Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental requirements pertaining to the project are in place and monitored as per the project management plan.
* Review the consultant / Contractor financial claims, and raise recommendations to project manager.
* Ensure fire, health & safety and environmental regulation are adhered during construction of civil works and report NCRs to QHSE in case of non-conformance.
* Provide full supports to the project management team in carrying out their duties.
* Review the project consultant or contractor variation, claims, and other related contractual issues and raise recommendations to project manager.
* Ensure Coordinate with Stakeholders internal and external to ensure all their requirements related to Handover are fulfilled
* Ensure adherence to the rules and regulation of Dubai during civil works construction.
* Ensure full compliance for the quality/specification of the materials/products and work done and managing inspection/testing activities regularly during the implementation stages of the project.
* Ensure the compliance of project handover in accordance with project management policies and process # Ensure the list of snags and outstanding works is complete and properly followed up during the Defect Notification Period (DNP)
* Contribute in the project tender stage, to ensure that the documentation and procedures are effective, fulfilling contractual requirements and budgetary controls during project construction.
* Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as appropriate.
* Coordinate activities with developers and other projects affected by the planned works.
* Conduct site visits, as necessary, and monitor civil site works progress and quality as per requirements were specified in contract
* Contribute in monitoring of project's plans.
* Ensure the coordination with the Stakeholders both internal and external to ensure all their requirements related to handover are fulfilled.
* Coordinate with the Rail design section if change is proposed by the project consultant to ensure that civil works and installations are kept with design, and specifications' requirements.
* Prepare project technical presentations as required.
* Monitor continuously the risk register and ensure contractor/consultants are implementing all mitigations measures and report on any deviation.
* Ensure all relevant as built drawings, material warranties, and compliance certificates to be handed over in due time to project handing over team .
* Attend meetings between the project consultant and project's relevant authorities and departments to ensure proper coordination, and ease obtaining of NOCs.
* Lead civil engineers team formed for the project during coordination with the project consultant, Contractor, Contracts and Purchase, Legal departments .
* Maintain records concerning Rail Civil Works related issues & up to date project lessons learned report.
Opportunity to work with a leading transportation builder & operator
Exposure to major rail & infrastructure projects
Opportunity to work with multi-cultural workforce
Exposure to working alongside industry experts at all levels
* Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
* Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
* Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications
* Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints
* Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
* Proven ability to develop quality standards, testing procedures, inspection reporting formats, and ability to conceptualize tasks and accomplish them.
* Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
* 8 years' experience on major infrastructure works with particular emphases on super/sub structures, rail experience is advantageous.
* Excellent knowledge and intensive experience with international civil infrastructure projects, functions, engineering systems, procedures.
* Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
* Good knowledge of statistical methods and their applications.
* Knowledge of management software such as primavera, and structural calculation software are advantageous
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Unique TAJ HR Consultancy
Graduate Civil Engineer
Quest Search & Selection
Graduate Site Engineer
A Leading Company In The UAE
Senior Project Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jun|
A Leading Communications Infrastructure Solutions Provider in UAE