Job description / Role
Responsible for the planning, collaboration, management and liaison internally and externally with different authorities, agencies, departments and utility providers to provide advice and guidance
Our client is a leading transportation company in the Middle East
* Review utilities diversions reports, proposals and design from the Engineers and Contractors and at all time maintain an up-to-date overview of all utilities related activities and planned works that may affect the works of the Rail Agency.
* Ensure that all Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental requirements pertaining to the project are in place and monitored as per the project management plan.
* Monitor and control the performance of in house Utility Coordination management team, project manager(s), consultants and contractors.
* Ensure Coordinate with Stakeholders internal and external to ensure all their requirements related to Handover are fulfilled
* Ensure the functional role of the Rail ROW NOC & Service Coordination Engineer is efficient and works are executed as per the established procedures.
* Ensure full compliance for the quality/specification of the materials/products and work done and managing inspection/testing activities regularly during the implementation stages of the project.
* Ensure the compliance of project handover in accordance with project management policies and process
* Ensure the list of snags and outstanding works is complete and properly followed up during the Defect Notification Period (DNP)
* In charge of continuous discussions, negotiation and reaching agreements with different strategic partners such as: authorities, agencies, developers, etc… for preparation and signing MOUs and SLAs. with client and Rail Agency to organize the relationship and protection of Railway Infrastructure
* Monitor and update if necessary the established rules and regulations for working in the vicinity of railways # Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as appropriate.
* Keep abreast of the latest requirements on government and various authorities' requirements on utilities layout and commercial issues.
* Continuous coordination with Dubai Municipality with respect to all affected plots by Railway protection Zone for existing and planned Railway Network in order to facilitate the process of the required permits by DM inquired by the owners of these plots and to ensure the protection of railway infrastructure
* Continual coordination with Railway operator and Maintainer during the processing of issuing NOC with Railway Protection Zone to ensure the safety of Railway Infrastructure and Operation.
* In coordination with other departments manage, monitor and supervise the consultants in ensuring any agreements on utilities are reflected on the Contracts documentations and ensure that the works is executed accordingly.
* Provide excellent technical leadership skills to coordinate and integrate working with different Services Authorities/Teams.
* Coordinate, maintain, develop and consolidate all standard utility requirements with other RA departments and incorporate them into the standard specification for RA projects.
* Continuous interdepartmental coordination with Rail Project Planning & Development Department and other departments within Rail Agency and Strategic Planning Department and ROW Department of TRA to ensure effective planning of future development of Rail Master Plan Network and remove any conflict during planning phase.
* Manage, monitor and supervise the Engineers and Contractors to ensure all required NOCs applications are promptly submitted, follow up and approval obtained for all Rail Agency works for a timely completion of the project.
* Specify KPI, monitoring, analyzing and enhancing for the continual improvement of service level of RCSO.
* Maintain close liaison and continuous communication with the relevant authorities on programme of work, temporary supply and diversion, agreement on supply capacity, location and arrangement and to ensure these provisions are suitable for the works of the Rail Agency.
* Ensure all agreements with any parties, including utility authorities and private sector developers, with regards to utilities are properly and accurately recorded and timely distributed to the relevant parties for records and actions.
* Responsible for the day to day processing requests for NOCs for construction and design submitted by different clients such as: government authorities, developers, private sector and contractors and issuing the No Objection Certificates (NOC) to authorise restricted activities within future railway lines & existing Lines
* Plan for the continuous improvement of the utility planning process for RA projects in association with the relevant Departments.
* Review, manage, plan and make changes as necessary in association with the Rail Planning & Projects Development to improve on utilities planning for future projects and their coordination and execution at construction stage.
* Opportunity to work with a leading transportation builder & operator
* Exposure to major rail & infrastructure projects
* Job stability
* Opportunity to work with multi-cultural workforce
* Exposure to working alongside industry experts at all levels
* Bachelor degree in Structural /Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
* 8 years of working experience in a role for project management and planning.
* Relevant experience in transport projects and local authorities will be an advantage.
* Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
* Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
* Excellent knowledge on general infrastructure and utility routes planning, spatial requirement and general design criteria.
* Proven ability to develop quality standards, testing procedures, inspection reporting formats, and ability to conceptualize tasks and accomplish them.
* Familiar with local authorities' procedures and policies.
* Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
* Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
* Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
* Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
* Good knowledge of statistical methods and their applications.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Unique TAJ HR Consultancy
Graduate Site Engineer
A Leading Company In The UAE
QA/QC & Materials Engineer Infrastructure
MPower Road and Infrastructure Contracting
|Abu Dhabi||8 Jun|
Senior Project Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jun|