Job description / Role
Our client is a financial services conglomerate who are deploying capital across listed & private asset classes. They have an existing finance function and are looking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer to lead their strategic ambitions.
Our client is a multibillion-dollar investor based in Dubai. They place a high degree of importance on strategic thinking & execution, initiative, leadership, and board level interaction.
The role presents an opportunity to join an established investment firm based in Dubai which has access to capital and is in deploying across listed & private instruments. The role offers the opportunity to work with a high calibre team in a sustainable environment with longevity on the table.
The Chief Financial Officer will take full ownership of the finance function across all their legal entities (Hold-co/ Op-co/ SPVs) and interface with the regulatory authority and investors. They will manage a sizeable balance sheet and responsibilities will vary from risk & treasury through to investor relations.
Primary responsibilities will contain treasury & balance sheet risk management, liaising with senior stakeholders, managing regulatory relationships; secondarily the Chief Financial Officer will lead financial thought leadership by overseeing financial control, financial reporting, capital adequacy monitoring, liaising with auditors, setting up SPVs and be involved in transactional activity.
Candidates who are not in finance functions within the fund management industry (private equity, asset management, late-stage venture capital) can unfortunately not be considered for this role as this is a prerequisite. If you align with the criteria and are based internationally, prior regional experience must exist for consideration.
Commensurate compensation, opportunity to impact, visibility
The ideal candidate will:
* Be able & willing to work in Dubai
* Have had experience in the UAE/ GCC
* Have at least 15 years' experience, bulk of it preferably within financial services fund management - private equity / direct investments; listed equities/ fixed income fund management / late-stage venture capital experience is secondarily acceptable
* Have been serving as a Chief Financial Officer for at least 5 years
* Have had strong ownership of balance sheet & treasury risk management functions in their most recent role
* Preferably be a qualified chartered accountant and have had had formative training at an audit firm
* Preferably be bilingual in English & Arabic
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.