Job description / Role
We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to work for an Energy based company in the UAE and to oversee the legal aspects of the business. You will safeguard the reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
• Giving accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
• Collaborating with management to devise efficient defense strategies
• Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
• Job Responsibilities:
• Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
• Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
• Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
• Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
• Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, government authority etc.), creating relations of trust
• Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
• Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
• Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
• Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
• Support of the HR function via Employment law related advice and tasks.
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken, including data protection and intellectual property rights.
• Maintain an understanding of changes to local/international compliance-related laws/regulations and implement, establish and maintain processes/documents/SOPs accordingly.
• Develops new ideas and methods to effectively address recurring legal issues or matters facing multiple client organizations.
• Identifies and resolves complex legal issues requiring in-depth consideration of multiple factors.
• Manages complex legal responsibilities across a Group of companies.
AED 40,000 to 65,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Emirati Nationals Only.
• LLB degree in Law preferably from recognized regional University
• LLM will be considered as an advantage.
• Proven experience as a Lawyer or solicitor for minimum of PQE 4 – 5 years.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of International laws and procedures will be HIGHLY Preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information
• Excellent communication skills; ability to speak and write clearly and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to match company culture.
Candidates all around the world are welcome to apply.
About the Company
At Candidate we pride ourselves in not only being a team of recruiters but possessing extensive industry experience across our key verticals, which allows us to search and select the right calibre of resource for our clients. With our offices in the UK and Dubai, UAE we have the exposure to the right network which helps us focus on building a portfolio of clients and candidates across our key sectors:
Financial Services FinTech Legal Cyber Healthcare Digital
We like to see ourselves as more than a typical recruitment consultancy. For instance we offer the core services of placing the right candidate for our clients and retained recruitment, in addition to consultancy to advise and build out a client’s needs. Supplying contract resource is an area we are building out to provide further options to our client base. Lastly training is a key focus, as a result of our partnership with Forte Markets we have access to a depth of content and expertise, across our key verticals, rarely seen with a recruiter.