Job description / Role
With experience with common data science toolkits such as R, Weka, NumPy and Matlab, this individual will analyse, process and model data and then interpret the results to create actionable plans within the organisation.
You will develop algorithms and analytical models for mining structured and unstructured data to generate business insights
A government organisation in the UAE that has heavily invested in their data capability, now looking to expand their Data Science team.
* Build data models and data flows required to support the data model development and ensure relevant data is cleansed, structured and formatted.
* Enhance business performance via enablers such as advanced statistical analysis, data mining and data visualisation techniques.
* Identify valuable data sources and automate the collection process while collaborating with Data Engineers and the Data Platform Manager.
* Must have experience with machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc
* Opportunity to work with a top-calibre organisation with exposure to exciting and advanced data-driven projects.
* A Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics or a relevant field.
* At least 3 years' experience as a Data Scientist with strong mathematical skills and applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
* Locally based with a preference for Arabic speakers, but the language criteria is desirable, not a must have.
* Have the ability to educate and communicate with business and technical teams, strategically manage expectations across stakeholders.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.