Job description / Role
• Prepare & develop marine Operation & maintenance master plan to perform marine activities and services in order to achieve RTA targets for marine sector in terms of cost recovery & ridership.
• Prepare and develop marine operation & maintenance policies & guidelines.
• Prepare and develop the operational and maintenance strategy for the marine projects.
• Support new service development, and continuous improvement for the marine services.
• Prepare and develop Asset life extension plan and lead the implementation.
• Develop Asset Condition Monitoring System for the marine fleet and lead the implementation.
• Prepare and develop marine operation KPI’s & supervise the implementation and provide corrective action plan on annual basis and implement it.
• Prepare TOR’s, Tender documents and BOQ for the Operation contracts.
• Conduct studies on operations to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, safety, cost reduction, and develop implementation plan to enhance it
• Develop commercial marine transport studies & research plans by setting goals and key initiatives to achieve these goals based on current and expected performance within specifications.
• Prepare the progress report to the director and the top management regarding the operation & maintenance performance, KPI’s and any other important points.
• Participate in exploring new opportunities of marine transportation funding, and implementation of new concepts of public private partnership.
• Participate in providing, developing, and maintaining direction of commercial marine transport studies functions.
• Prepare and develop of strategic and operational and maintenance plan of the department.
• Develop and prepare the service guides, trip schedule and marine service standard.
• Prepare department annual budget for operation and maintenance and monitor the expenses.
• Perform other responsibilities related to the position as appropriate
• Master’s degree in Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering from a recognized university.
• 10 years of work experience in transportation business development field
• Excellent knowledge of commercial marine transport requirements, management, standards, functions, systems and procedures.
• Excellent knowledge of Marine Maintenance requirements, management, standards, functions, systems and procedures.
• Good knowledge of financial and investment opportunities, feasibility studies and strategic business studies. & Transportation planning with its requirements or equivalent.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
About the Company
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards.