Job description / Role
We seek a dedicated individual who, working under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Superintendent, will execute such tasks that support the generating facilities needs through the use of daily work plans and schedules. The Mechanical Supervisor will report on maintenance work productivity and performance as directed. Will assist the Planning department personnel with daily, weekly, monthly and outage planning activities. The Mechanical Supervisor will provide daily direction to department mechanics with regard to the work plans based upon operational priority changes or challenges that arise and bring about their resolution.
• Ability to develop and enhance team building with departments and facility.
• Execute Preventive Maintenance program and supervise and report on effectiveness.
• Provide safety audit function for routine and major maintenance work.
• Assist in incident and accident investigations.
• Ability to work rotating shifts, weekends, extended hours, be on call during off time and have the ability to work prolonged periods during facility outages to support the operation of the facility.
We are looking for a Mechanical Supervisor with experience in CHP Coal Handling System (Ship unloading, belt conveyors, stacker reclaimers, travelling tripper and all other CHP equipment).
• High School Diploma/GED is required.. Engineering degree preferred. Experience in power plant maintenance
• Computer software experience such as Excel, Word, power point, Microsoft project and data management software.
• Experience and ability to supervise non-exempt personnel directly.
• Desire and ability to provide leadership to peer supervisors for daily and routine work direction.
• Desire and ability to mediate conflicting priorities among maintenance department personnel and between operations and maintenance departments.
• Working knowledge of pumps, valves, conveyor systems, air compressors, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, alignment, and rigging and have a sound mechanical aptitude.
About the Company
Created in 2005, Davidson is a consulting firm specialised in management and technology.
We have a presence in eight countries spread across Europe, the United Arab Emirates and North America. In 2018, Davidson equals : - 2,800 employees, - 170 managers, - 245 million euros in turnover!
WOOOOOO! STOP RIGHT THERE ! How about we forget about the standard spiel and talk about the REAL reasons to join us!
Davidson is first and foremost a business project and great place to be, thanks to certain fundamentals that make up our day-to-day activities: - Working hard without taking yourself too seriously, - Building a flat organisation - Developing creativity and initiative, - Inspiring rather than governing.
After four years as a Best Workplace winner, Davidson has decided to go even further!
It became the first French company (with +2,000 employees) and the only technology and management consulting firm to become a B-Corp, and joined the club of companies that do not want to be the best in the world, but the best FOR the world.
But don't just take our word for it! Apply to find out if you are the best for the job description below! JOB DESCRIPTION In keeping with its policy on diversity, Davidson pays equal attention to all applications.