Job description / Role
You’ll execute the brand strategy for your cinema’s operating budget and standards through the strong engagement of your team and balance profitability with delivering Great Time Out that drives guest intent to recommend and return.
You’ll excel at filtering through a wide range of priorities like scheduling team effectively, communication, marketing promotions, community involvement, ordering and inventory systems, training and development and the quality standards of the guest experience to distinguish what matters most; knowing what is important and what is imperative at just the right moment. To do this with the effectiveness you’ll need to strengthen the team around you to do those things they are best at doing relinquishing control so that you are better in charge of the whole.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, candidates with Cinema Experience will be considered.
• Manage daily operations
• Oversee multiple personnel
• Respond to customer comments and complaints on cinema operations
• Manage the relationship with the Mall Management/Landlord where the cinema is located
• Professional relationship with all business units regarding Cinema Operation related activities.
• To effectively appraise and manage team performance, in line with company policy and procedures, ensuring that business objectives and targets are achieved within appropriate timescales.
• To develop the team to deliver exceptional standards of customer service at all times.
• To plan, develop and control weekly/monthly/annual reports.
• To effectively prepare staff Rota’s and manage holiday scheduling of the team.
• Identifying, maximize and drive sales opportunities from ticket sales and F&B promotions.
• Developing the business to meet the site objectives and targets.
• To maximize profit and minimize loss.
• Developing and improving market share through local marketing in partnership with the marketing department, by supervision of Advertising & Marketing activities within the Cinema.
• To ensure all operational standards are met and delivered effectively in order to create the best environment for both guests and team members.
• Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to.
• Developing and executing the cinema scheduling policy.
• Effectively resolve Guest Comments.
• Weekly check on the website of the select Cinema timings/offers & promotions.
• Responsible for cinema logistics assurance; Check availability of prints and publicity materials of movies relating to the Cinema.
• Daily Business Operation (Daily cash deposits in the bank/petty cash usage & allocation).
• Supervising maintenance of the cinema information into other storage devices.
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Business Studies.
• Excellent - Arabic/ English
• Strong leadership skills
• 7-10 years of Experience
• Dynamic, ambitious with 3-year management experience in Cinemas/ Theater
• IT Skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Service Business Oriented/Commercial Awareness.
About the Company
Novo Cinemas is home to the most innovative entertainment experiences in the GCC, offering each visitor A Great Time Out since 2014. We are one of the largest cinema chains in the Middle East because we push boundaries, pioneer change, and consistently strive for the "new". We began our legacy by introducing the region to such evolutionary technologies as the largest IMAX with Laser in the MENA region, online booking, e-kiosks and the first cinema-dedicated mobile app.
Novo Cinemas takes pride in showcasing the latest viewing technology, being acknowledged as the regional leader in cinema innovation when bestowed with the Most Innovative Cinema award at ComiCon ME 2017. This award is a testament to our dedication to providing customers with the most state-of-the-art movie-going experiences possible.
Our theaters are cinematic experience hubs creating lasting memories for every customer. Novo brings movies to life, letting guests choose from 2D, 3D, 4D, IMAX with Laser, ATMOS and luxury 7-Star VIP suites for their comfort. Supporting the in-theatre entertainment are bespoke gourmet menus, the latest trends in cinema snacks including frozen popcorn, fresh crepes and healthy treats. We are committed to providing every community with a personalized and outstanding entertainment experience placing cinema-goers at the forefront. Known as a destination for regional premieres, we are proud to host the most anticipated preview screenings. In addition to blockbuster releases, Novo offers corporate and private group bookings as well as alternative content such as live boxing, cricket and football matches and the performing arts. Films can be as informative as they are entertaining and Novo's commitment to education is reflected in our wide range of stunning IMAX documentary films available for private school bookings.
There are currently 158 screens across the GCC, ongoing expansion will see our numbers grow to over to 220 screens in more than 20 cinemas in four markets by 2019. Novo Cinemas. A Great Time Out! www.novocinemas.com