Job description / Role
Specialized in airfield pavements, involved in the design of the airfield infrastructures and in particular responsible for the design, evaluation and construction supervision of pavements, as well as for the development and implementation of Airfield Pavement Management System.
- Knowledge and experience in the design of airport pavements, both flexible and rigid, according to the most extended standards and best practices, like FAA, AAHSTO, ICAO, DMRB, etc.
- Experience in structural design of heavy duty pavements for special areas.
- Experience in the design and service performance of special pavements and treatments for airports, like anti-skid, fuel-resistant pavements, etc.
- Experience in design and coordination of both superficial and underground drainage solutions for pavement serviceability improvement and protection.
- Deep knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering and Soil Mechanics, with hands on experience in the analysis and interpretation of geotechnical tests (Trial Pits, Boreholes, CBR, Plate Bearing Test, etc.)
- Full expertise in the analysis and classification of pavements as per the ACN/PCN classification method.
- Experience in visual inspection of pavement conditions like PCI Method.
- Experience in the execution and evaluation of pavement condition tests like Surface Friction Test, FWD/HWD, Speed Condition Test, etc.
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of APMS (Pavement Inventory, Pavement Evaluation, Identification of Needs, Budgeting, Prioritization, etc.)
- Experience with preventive and corrective maintenance and pavement rehabilitation (slurry seal, restorative seals, microsurfacing, chip seal, Hot Mix overlay, White Topping, Slab Stabilization, Crack and Joint Stitching, etc.)
- Capable and experienced in revision and preparation of specifications, customized as per the particular requirements as needed for the project.
- Knowledge of Construction material tests (Bitumen Penetration, Marshall Asphalt, Density and Compaction Tests, etc.)
- Ability to prepare BOQs and cost estimations in order to look for the optimal solution.
- Full Ability to procude plans, profiles, cross-sections for road and viaduct project
- Ability to create 3D road models in Civil 3D.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering
- 8 Years Civil Engineering design
- Hands-on experience in Pavement Software like FAARFIELD, COMFAA, BAKFAA, MicroPAVER, PAVEAIR, etc.
- Excellent skills in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent skills in AutoTurn or similar
- Experience on-site will be valued.
- Effective communication skills in English
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Visio)
- Excellent skills in ACAD
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Site Engineer (Civil) - 6 Month Contract
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)