Job description / Role
Workforce Solutions have been engaged by our client, a multinational technology company that provides telecommunications equipment and sells consumer electronics, including smartphones to source for a Civil Engineer with Data Center experience.
As a Data Center Civil Engineer, you will lead designs for the Civil, Structural, and Architectural disciplines for the company’s Data Centers. You will be part of a highly creative and efficient design team comprised of Architects, Engineers, and Designers tasked with solving problems and challenging the status quo. As a subject matter expert, you will have a direct impact on the design of prototypical DC sites, provide technical guidance, solve large-scale implementation issues, and build a strong understanding of site design requirements.
Preference will be given to qualified candidates who can demonstrate experience in the following:
• Assist in preparation of site as-built drawings and details and in preparation of actual executed quantities of items
• Prepare reports of civil activities.
• Ensure subcontractor working as per the design
• Drawings and ensure the quality of works.
• Manage the sub-contractors regarding programming, supervision and contracts administration, traffic management, technical queries, quality control
• Report directly to the Project Manager on matters relating to the operational and financial success of the projects
• Ensure the integration of all functions including design, procurement and construction
• Ensure the project satisfies cost, time, quality, environmental, risk and safety requirements
• Communicate design standards to internal and external project partners.
• Manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously.
• Think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
• Responsible and accountable of his own health, safety and environment at work in compliance with safety rules.
• Accredited Degree in Civil Engineering.
• 4 to 7 years of design experience.
• Capability to prepare B.O.Q.
• Experience in working on Roads projects
• Knowledge in Civil works foundations, finishing fit outs.
• Solid working proficiency with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and MS Office Suite.
• Ability to work on at least two major projects from start to finish
• Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• Experience in civil design for Data Centers, Telecom facilities, or Power Substations
• Motivated, dependable, and capable of working with limited oversight.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with Municipality such as ADM and other Abu Dhabi Authorities permits and NOCs
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
• Ability to manage multiple fast track design and detailed engineering projects simultaneously.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to contact you directly with feedback on your application. Should you not hear from us, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
About the Company
Transguard Workforce Solutions delivers Professional Contract Staffing (also known as Employee Outsourcing) within the UAE.
Our Workforce Solutions include:
• Delivering Sourcing and Recruitment Solutions for Clients in need of identifying Contract or temporary Staff.
• Providing a complete end to end Staffing Solution which includes Visa Sponsorship, HR Management, Employee Welfare & Payroll Services.
• Transitioning Contract Staff from other staffing providers to Transguard while remaining compliant with UAE Labour and Immigration Laws.
Transguard Workforce Solutions currently employ over 2000+ Staff from over 70 different nationalities. Across the Group, we payroll over 70,000 employees monthly.