Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a suitable candidate for the post of Resident Engineer - Civil with over fifteen (15) years' experience in overall responsibility of management and administration of a Contract including supervision, coordination of construction, inspection, testing and commissioning of the project with particular emphasis on meeting the contract requirements with respect to time, quality and cost during the construction phase of a Desalination IWP Project. He should have extensive experience of working at site from start to handover of large size water projects ( 100,000 m3/day and above) preferably as an Owner's Engineer.
A typical week would include:
* Establish a construction management plan to ensure all contracts are administered to a common standard and practice
* Monitor the project schedule and the project progress against the EPC Contractor's construction and commissioning schedule and assist the EPC Contractor's planning and interfacing activities to limit the impact of any program deviations. Any delays should be identified at an early date and remedies agreed with the EPC Contractor;
* Supervise the project construction, commissioning and testing activities of SWRO plant to ensure compliance with the contractual requirements.
* Facilitate necessary co-ordination in the construction of the Interface facilities, the Plant and associated works such as Seawater Intake/Outfall Facilities, the Power transmission facilities and the Water storage and transmission facilities, as described in WPA and other requirements.
* Ensure that construction and erection is performed in accordance with the Contract, the design documents, the applicable codes and standards, and other requirements of accepted industry practices;
* On regular basis at the Projects site, attend the Site work progress meeting with the Client and the Project Company to discuss work progress and identify the areas of concern if any to assist the construction manager in updating the Work progress to client every week in a detailed Progress Report for the project.
* Witness the carrying out of all Start up Tests, reliability run and performance tests, review all related documentation and certify that the Plants have been successfully tested in accordance with the terms and conditions of the WPA.
* Review the testing and commissioning procedure and comment and approve testing and commissioning procedures in accordance with Water Purchase Agreement.
* Develop and maintain a punch list of open items and expedite their completion and close-out by the EPC Contractor;
* Initiate and respond to contract correspondence to and from Client, and contractual correspondence with the Contractor
* Officially handover the site to the contractor.
* Arrange, chair and record meetings, commencing with the kick-off meeting and thereafter progress and management meetings that are deemed necessary
* Establish procedures for inspection approvals, testing, commissioning in accordance with the requirements of the contract
* Review the contractor's HSE plan and ensures that the safety procedures are followed at site
* Review and comment on the contractor's programs ensuring that they are sufficiently detailed to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the contract, allocated resources and cash flow
* Review the contractor's construction related ITPs, method statements and material submittals in accordance with requirements of contract.
* Assist site manager in day to activities including planning, monitoring and supervision activities as detailed by him time to time.
* Work closely with back office team to highlight deviations/issues on priority and provide quick resolution to client.
* Prepare substantial completion reports including any outstanding requirements
* Issue taking-over and defects liability certificates as required under the contract
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Degree in Civil Engineering.
* Minimum 15 years of working experience with similar capacity.
* Must have experience in leading supervision activities on desalination projects or power plants or any such industrial infrastructure project for a Supervision Consultancy or PMC
* Essentially having detailed knowledge of post contract supervision role and responsibilities related to review of contractor's shop drawings, submittals and site inspection procedures
* People managing skill, with excellent written and verbal skills.
* Able to build excellent client relations through communication and multidisciplinary coordination skills
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.