Civil Engineer - Site
Job description / Role
Mott MacDonald is a 1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
The power, process & nuclear division works within four main sectors which include the following: - nuclear, defence, industry and process and power civil's. We are actively seeking a Construction Civil Engineer - PPS (Physical Protection System) to join our client based onsite near Abu Dhabi. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to work within a specialist nuclear organisation.
* Participate in safety, quality and scheduled review to ensure appropriate supervision for all PPS, Civil, Architectural and Marine works including but not limited to: site gradin, excavation, backfilling, dewater, soil investigation, rebar installation, concrete, placement (mud mats, base mats, bottom/ top slabs and walls), waterproofing, cast-in items, structural steel erections, architectural finishing/ coating /painting and all associated civil and architectural testing for the PPS.
* Assist in stabling recommendations to help making decisions that meet project objectives.
* Participate in recommending corrective actions or methods of repair for any deficiency or non-conformance identified in order to ensure work is carried out in an adequate and correct manner.
* Monitor project safety objectives, and implement the appropriate corrective actions where necessary in order to ensure that all relevant objectives are fulfilled.
* Provide support to the Senior Civil Engineer (PPS) for the review of contractor methods, materials, equipment, technical queries and working sequences.
* Assist in presenting ideas for the overall project benefits to support the Clients goals and objectives.
* Ensure that work is performed in the safest and professional manner to meet overall project objectives in compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
* Supervise the work progress and its alignment with the quality requirements as specified by the design documents including but not limited to drawing and specifications to ensure that project objectives are met in a timely manner.
* Supervise the civil and marine contractors to ensure expectations are met in the execution of build-clean, foreign material exclusion and housekeeping in the construction of PPS.
* Inform and report all important issues that may effect on project progress to Senior Civil Engineer (PPS).
* Follow all relevant company's HSE policies, processes, procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance in all aspect of work in accordance with sound management practices.
The ideal candidate will have Up to 5 years of relevant experience in a nuclear power plant construction and engineering industry and/or experience on large capital projects and in similar/related position in the UAE, GCC region or worldwide. Also previous experience worked through the planning, design and construction of Nuclear Power Plants.
Desirably the candidate must have minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering with relevant trade certificates preferably in industrial safety, chartered or professional engineering and project management.
Technically must have awareness of civil electro- mechanical interface requirements, knowledge of design techniques and tools in the discipline, knowledgeable about project management systems, and excellent MS office skills. Skilled in using international code and standards in engineering and design of their discipline area is preferred.
Post based in Abu Dhabi with travel. Please note accommodation, subsistence and travel to and from site is included - mobilisation to and from UAE is also provided as well as a tax free salary.
Mott MacDonald is an equal opportunities employer
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.