Job description / Role
Support company business development and implementation by providing concept design and competitive civil cost estimates. Estimates incorporating Labour, materials and equipment and related supporting documentation as required for submission. Accurate costings to allow the company to measure their market position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Advise and produce workable concept designs in accordance proposed bid requirements.
• Compile accurate cost estimates enabling business strategy growth and subsequent implementation by the company construction division.
• Ensure that build-up of estimates includes all the manpower, materials, equipment and logistics.
• Provide support to all company operations as required.
• Assist other estimating disciplines as required.
• Provide the requested information within the given time schedule.
• Advice on cost-effective alternatives as applicable.
• Ensure all design and cost estimates conform to the required contractual requirements.
• Coordinate works with external consultants.
• Work outside normal working hours as and when required.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
• A registered civil or quantity surveying degree/diploma.
• A minimum of five years of construction contracting experience.
• Experience in preparing bids / tenders within the construction industry.
• Good knowledge of contractual documentation (FIDIC, NEC, JBCC etc.).
• Sound knowledge of health and safety standards within the construction industry.
• Good knowledge of plant and manpower productivities.
• Ability to produce completed estimates incorporating all requirements for bid submission.
• Ability to complete tasks without constant supervision.
• Organise and time management.
• Preferably experience in Mining and / or Oil & Gas construction
• Previous on-site experience in remote locations
• Understanding of global logistics.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Project.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Good commercial awareness.
• Strong analytical skills.
About the Company
RA International is a major force within the remote site and developing country support services sector. We have many years experience of providing government institutions, United Nations, NGOs, and major multinationals with all the services they need to quickly establish and maintain sites in Post-Conflict, the Oil and Gas, and Mining and Minerals industries.
We pride ourselves in our commitment to getting the job done, as quickly and effectively as possible. Here's some fast facts:
• Our Company Headquarters are in Dubai, UAE, with offices and projects in Afghanistan, Sudan, Southern Sudan, Kenya and Chad • We currently employ over 1000 international and national staff • The company was founded in 2003 as part of the Duncan-Narfeldt Group Ltd • RA International draws on 40 years experience in project management and support services in post-conflict environments and remote locations worldwide.
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Time Electro Contracting
QA / QC Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||23 Feb|
Estimation and Proposals Engineer
RTC-1 Employment Services