Job description / Role
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Civil inspector to join our team!
What You'll Be Doing:
• Conducts tests to determine if work has been done in accordance with contract specifications and may include any of the following
• Performs civil and structural tests, such as soil compaction, moisture content, aggregation, graduation, concrete slump, air entrainment, concrete compression, lines and grades surveys, bolt torques, and concrete coring.
• Performs destructive and nondestructive tests on metals and other materials through magnaflex, dyepenetrant, radiographic, tension and compression, paint thickness, and resistivity.
• Performs surveillance of underground piping to ensure tightness, bedding, and grade.
• Inspects and monitors piling installation to ensure location and bearing.
• Validates piping systems, including P&ID checks and hydraulic or other pressure tests.
• Inspects electrical installations to ensure proper grounding, circuit integrity, and adherence to statutory and customer regulations.
• Performs continuing inspection of painting and insulation to ensure thickness and coverage continuity.
• Provides general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
• Verifies equipment alignment and balancing operations. Participates in the development of quality control reports and procedures
• Participates in the development of job safety practices and in the preparation of safety reports.
• May administer welder qualification tests.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Diploma in Civil Engineering
• Fresh graduate with internship experience
• Interest in working on construction supervision
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with construction related processes related to area of assignment
• Ability to communicate in English
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.