Job description / Role
Stantec is currently looking for Civil Inspectors to support on a construction supervision project related to Sewerage and storm water infrastructure works.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
1. Technical Delivery:
• Interacting with clients and contractor’s staff to determine and verify project requirements.
• Preparing inspection reports and site records.
• Performing civil and structural tests.
• Providing general inspection on all construction labor and subcontracted tasks to ensure professional workmanship.
• Identifying non-conforming works, generating reports and corrective actions and coordinating responses.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
2. Collaboration and working as part of a team.
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
3. Client Service Management
• Internal and external client liaison
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
4. Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with the Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
5. Other duties as requested from time to time by the Assistant Resident Engineer.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree in Engineering from a recognized institute to the approval of the Engineer.
• Must have 7 years of work experience in the construction and supervision of infrastructure works
• Experience of infrastructure networks in the emirates of Dubai.
• Experience in Survey work with modern instruments and in keeping site measurement records.
Experience in dealing with existing infrastructure services
• Solid experience in maintaining relevant records and generating reports
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Senior Civil Engineer
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Civil Procurement Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||25 Mar|
Senior Civil Engineer
Civil Maintenance Operative - Off Track