Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The purpose of this position is to supervise and lead a team of Civil Technicians to provide effective engineering and maintenance service covering the building structures of stations, depots, system ancillary buildings, sub-stations, cutting embankments and walls, tunnels, car parks, signage and related ground level infrastructure for Serco Dubai Metro.
- Lead and give guidance to a team of Civil Technicians and subcontractors to carry out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications in building structures of stations, depots, system ancillary buildings, sub-stations, cutting embankments and walls, tunnels, car parks, signage and related ground level infrastructure
- Supervise and oversee the Civil Technicians out in field carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities on buildings / structures including stitching, grouting, scaffolding, pressure pointing, re-casing and general structural repairs and finishes
- Follow the appropriate procedures and work instructions of maintenance to ensure compliance with the requirements
- Assist subordinates with the job familiarisation and to provide training and assessment where required
- Produce and maintain accurate records of building structure maintenance works accomplished and other information using a computerized maintenance management system
- Assist the Civil Engineer or other technical support staff to implement complex systems or new projects
What we are looking for in our candidates
- Ability to compile simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Experience in operating mobile boom, scaffolding and etc
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
Essential technical and professional skills
- Vocational trade certificate or diploma in civil engineering discipline or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the strength of reinforced concrete, structural masonry and structural steel inspections, foundation testing, and corrosion studies
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world and we committed to redesigning and improving these services through innovation.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.