Job description / Role
Main Position Features:
• Primary School Teachers educate children between the ages of 5 and 12 under a prescribed curriculum to develop students’ literacy and numeracy skills and foster social, physical and emotional growth.
• Subject areas within their curriculum include mathematics, English, science, technology, humanities and social science, arts, health and physical education.
• Preparing daily, weekly, medium and long-term lesson plans according to curriculum guidelines.
• Work collaboratively with year group and other departments stall to ensure optimum cross-curriculum links.
• To add ECA programme by offering 1 activity per term.
• Teaching a full range of subject areas.
• Developing children’s interests, abilities and coordination using a variety of creative activities including art, sport and music.
• Maintaining productive working habits and discipline in the classroom.
• Supervising students throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks.
• Attending staff meetings and training and development sessions.
• Assessing and evaluating on going detailed records of students’ educational progress and abilities.
• Setting and conducting testing/ assessments on monthly, termly and yearly basis.
• Discussing students’ progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary.
• Organizing, attending and supervising school activities such as excursions, school concerts, camps and sporting events.
• Preparing daily,weekly,medium and long-term lesson plans according to curriculum guidelines.
• Keeping up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
• To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
• Working in coordination with SEN and EAL departments to update students’ progress and special needs requirements.
• Report informally through verbal, email and communication books to parents.
• Report formal assessment progress through termly progress reports.
• A respect and fondness for children;
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good listening skills;
• The capacity to learn quickly.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• The ability to inspire and enthuse young children.
• Energy, resourcefulness, responsibility, patience and a caring nature.
• An understanding of the needs and feelings of children.
• Ability to work independently, as well as being able to work in a team.
• A sense of humour and the ability to keep things in perspective.
• Creative skills such as music, dance, and crafts.
• Stamina to keep up with the needs of a large group of young, lively children
About the Company
Mission To provide a safe and supportive environment where personal identity is embraced and where technology facilitates creativity and critical thinking and engages students in a personalised yet collaborative approach to self-directed learning.
Vision We aspire to be an outstanding British Primary school whose students are fully equipped to lead the future with confidence and empathy.
Values - Integrity: We strive to be principled and reflective. - Compassion: We strive to be caring and giving. - Innovation: We strive to be curious and creative. - Leadership: We strive to be courageous and resilient. - Global Citizenship: We strive to be open-minded & tolerant.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 Feb|