Job description / Role
Client Manager, UAE Sales
We are looking for a dynamic & proactive Client Manager in our team to manage and develop the local business relationship and performance of assigned customers. The mission will be to ensure that the company goals are met in terms of sales target, revenue, market development and territory coverage. The incumbent should be able to achieve better market coverage of the UAE, and to harness overall business potential across the entire supply chain of the assigned customers in his/her portfolio.
• Client Strategy and planning
• Manage and develop the relationship with the sub-entity of the contractual customer in line with Maersk/global strategy
• Develop local value proposition to be included on the global tender, if any
• Develop local business plan for increasing overall supply chain Share of Wallet and position Logistic & Services products
• Grow local presence across products with the sub-entity of the customer through new opportunities–also through sub-suppliers.
• Define the local value proposition and work closely with local product organization to grow and deliver revenue growth supporting the local product P&L
• Support the overall customer experience and support global value proposition
• Deliver client profitability as per budget
• Ensure successful business onboarding and contract compliance
• Customer Relationship
• Position Maersk towards the local influencers of the global tender success and towards local decision makers on country relevant products
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in sales or commercial, preferably in International Shipping / Logistics
• Demonstrated results – performance, teamwork and organizational wise. Track record in successful selling and closing business
• Confident, Self-motivated, and disciplined
• Logistics expertise
• Supply chain expertise (to optimize SOW across products), insight selling, connectors (stakeholder management, influencing skills)
• Negotiation skills/procurement tactics
• Strategic partnering, financial/commercial acumen, matrix management, value co-creator, presentation skills
• Decisive and Result Oriented
• Drive ownership, resourcefulness and is driven, focused and persistent in achieving their goals
• Capable of identifying new business opportunities and driving growth.
About the Company
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We are part of the Maersk Group, headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, and we operate 610 container vessels providing ocean transportation in all parts of the world.
Not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet.
Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our customers, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible.
What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.