Job description / Role
The Role Responsibilities
* Provide professional, accurate and timely support to Relationship Managers
* Handling of Relationship Manager's Client calls and dealing with Clients in a professional manner
* Produce high quality correspondence to clients and resolve client enquiries
* Adhere and be diligent to the Bank's policies and procedures and the regulations as part of the Bank's fight against money laundering and fraud
* Work with RM's to aid them in account opening and submitting documentation to the middle office
* Assist with the preparation of Client Due Diligence (CDD) reviews. Preparing them to be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the due date and follow up of issues raised as required by RM.
* Liaising with other SCB entities to open and manage accounts booked in other Bank Centres
* Ownership of taking Client's transactional requests, ensuring they are booked in the Bank's system, with all necessary documents and checks completed
* Timely completion of credit applications
* Proactively respond to client and RM investigations by phone, fax or e-mail
* To provide an accurate account of all client contact in the Bank's systems' Client Contact reports
* Promptly handle Client complaints, including resolution with service levels and accurate input onto the Complaints Database
* Constantly challenge processes and procedures with a view to streamlining and simplifying, to reduce waste and improve service offered to internal and external clients
* Actively keep up to date with existing and new SCB Private Bank products and attend all in house training
* Aid with booking Investment business trips
Knowledge / Skills / Experience Required:
* Minimum years of Private Banking experience, preferably in a Client Service role
* Solid knowledge of banking practices and associated regulatory requirements
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Willingness to speak/correspond to clients on a daily basis
* Works well within a team of RM's and Client Service Officers
* Eagerness to help others within the Client Service team
* Ability to work with support functions such as Compliance, Account Review (CAR), Control and Supervision and Operations and focus on working as one bank rather than individual units
* The candidate will have gained a degree from a reputable institution or some form of financial qualification
About the Company
Standard Chartered Bank started in 1958 in UAE with its first branch in Sharjah. The Group’s business gradually increased in Dubai with the opening of several branches and today, Dubai is the administrative hub of the Middle East and South Asia Region. In its 43rd year, the Bank enjoys the position of having the most extensive branch network among foreign international banks in UAE with 10 branches emirate-wide.
Standard Chartered is an international bank, focused on the established and emerging markets of Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America with an extensive global network of more than 600 offices in over 50 countries. The three principal business groups are Global Markets, Personal Banking and Corporate and Institutional Banking.
In UAE, we are one of the leading banks, offering an extensive range of products and services for personal customers, local companies, multinational corporate and financial institutions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Officer - Reception - Mandarin Speaker
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)