Job description / Role
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers, and make an impact.
Role and responsibilities includes:
Provide proactive technical counsel to key IT executives on technical strategy, direction and projects
- Improve and broaden client's access to IBM's global technical and innovation expertise
- Increase the value that clients derive from application of new and existing technologies and accelerate innovation
- Understand client's legacy environments and have demonstrated the skill of transforming legacy into a new, target environment
- Work with client Line of Business executives and their teams to identify client's business and IT needs and design high level solutions to fit business problems
- Responsible for a wide range of architectural activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification.
- Participates in exploratory activities into new market sectors, architectural solutions, technologies and the use of business partners; leads selection of methodologies, tools and components of total architectural solutions; exhibits strategic vision of functional or unit mission and applies vision in engagements; influences people & organisations, including client and IBM executive management, on issues related to the development of architectural solutions.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Minimum 10 years experience in a technical job role.
- Minimum 5 years Technical architect skills including expertise in applying tools and methods.
- Knowledge in any of the evolving technologies (Cloud, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Security) mandatory.
- Knowledge (certification preferred) in Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (Togaf, Zachman etc)
- Deep knowledge of how solutions portfolios fit into client's overall enterprise architecture.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Banking.
Your Life at IBM
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: Yes
Key Job Details
- Country: AE
- Category: Sales
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.