Job description / Role
IBM Z Technical Sales is seeking a Client Technical Sales Professional (CTP) to lead and engage in IBM Z DevOps opportunities. The job will require travel.
Candidate should have technical skills and a understanding of IBM Z ecosystem, IBM DevOps solutions portfolio and open source DevOps tools. A working background with mainframe and distributed application development projects is highly beneficial.
This role is an integral part of our sales organization and works closely with sales team to identify and progress opportunities. Candidate is expected to identify and use demos, POTs, and other sales assets, plan and perform POCs, collaborate with sales on competitive strategies, organize and facilitate solutioning workshops, and deploy other technical accelerators to help effectively drive opportunities towards a win. He/she is expected to position IBM Z DevOps solutions and differentiate from competition within the context of a customer's Digital Transformation initiative.
This role requires a mature highly motivated individual who can collaborate with country teams across the MEA region and with our WW teams. He/she will be required to lead technical sales engagements with customers and liaise with senior client executives.
- Execute Technical Accelerators such as: presentation, demonstration, client discovery workshops, Proof of Technology and Proof of Concepts.
- Engaging deployment team to review key deployment milestones, architecture & design, installation and production setup.
- DevOps subject-matter technical expert to validate proposed client solution and customer requirements.
- Supports sales team on prospect customer conference calls, WebEx and onsite visits.
- Leads technical response to Request for Proposal and Request For Information (RFI) by writing clear responses to commonly asked questions and gathering answers from other internal technical experts.
- Supports business partner teams by participating in technical calls and meetings with prospective customers.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ideal candidate will have working experience on IBM Z platform.
- Experience within z/OS environment and its subsystems and tools.
- Application development tools and languages on IBM Z.
- Technical consulting/Technical sales/ Technical Architecture experience in application development, testing and deployment.
- Consultative skills and successful industry solution and complex architecture project implementation experience.
- Experience working with international clients
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None
Key Job Details
- Country: AE
- State: DUBAI
- City: DUBAI
- Category: Sales
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Req ID: 193597BR
- Location: DUBAI, DUBAI AE
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.