Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Client Technical Specialists (CTP) for IBM Power Server are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and IBM Business Partners.
- Client Technical Specialists (CTP/CTS) for Power severs are technical consultants to clients, IBM sales teams, and IBM Business Partners. As a Power CTP you understand the client's business requirements, translate them into compelling technical solutions, highlighting IBM value proposition. CTPs must possess good understanding of competitive landscape and be able to highlight IBM differentiation to the clients.They provide technical sales support which may include: collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; deliver Proof of Concept; develop and deliver technical education; support critical situations; design solutions; answer technical questions. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, they are responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution.
- As a consultative, client-facing, technical sales professional, you will be guided by IBM's purpose - to be essential to its clients - actively engaging clients to develop the trust and credibility to help them grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions.
We expect the Power CTS/CTP to have good understanding of IBM Power server portfolio, be able to present to large audience with eminence. Good understanding of AIX and LINUX operating systems is a must. Experience in articulating/ architecting big data and AI solutions is definite advantage.
- We are seeking individuals interested in making an impact in selling IBM's Power hardware and related software portfolio to maintain and grow existing revenue streams and relationships. You must be self-motivated, business driven, ready to interact daily with a variety of other smart and highly motivated people, and work in a changing environment where no two days are ever the same. Our Technical Sales Specialists deliver industry centric business solutions to clients of all sizes and markets.
- You'll also be responsible for navigating IBM to identify and acquire critical resources needed to develop the best solution for the client, while applying IBM brand strategies and offerings, methods and models, to ensure world-class design and delivery. Not only do our salespeople sell some of the world's most innovative IT and business solutions (analytics, cognitive solutions, cloud, commerce, internet of things, security, social, systems hardware, systems software, or Watson health), they get to interact with clients in a wide array of fields. If this sounds appealing to you, let's talk!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in IT Sales
- At least 3 years experience in IBM Power Systems Servers or similar
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years experience in IBM Power Systems
- At least 3 years experience in Linux Operating Systems
- At least 1 years experience in key workloads such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, High Performance Computing, and/or SAP HANA
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
IT Desktop Support (3 Month Contract)
Manpower Middle East
Lindner Middle East
IT Service Desk
Sutherland Global Services
|Abu Dhabi||19 Mar|