Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Client Technical Specialists are technical presales consultants to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. They understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. They provide technical sales support which may include: collaborating with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; delivering Proof of Concept; developing and delivering technical education; supporting critical situations; designing solutions; and answering technical questions. When engaged for a specific opportunity or project, they are responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution. In this role, you will be a solutions consultant - analyzing customer situations and requirements and developing high quality Unified Governance & Integration (UGI) solutions, which are tailored to the client's business and technical needs in a way that is valued by the customer and superior to the competition. It is essential that you are able to apply in-depth understanding of best practices, key concepts, products, offerings and services within the UGI specialty and utilize knowledge and experience about technology, industry and business. You will be expected to propose, demonstrate and support sales of enterprise-level solutions consisting of software, methodology, and services to C-level executives in major corporations in your country.
* Providing all necessary support to sales team to assure meeting quarterly and annual sales revenue quotas
* Consulting customers on their UGI strategies and initiatives
* Discovering customer requirements
* Presenting and demonstrating technical solutions
* Proposing competitive differentiators
* Handling objections and response to RFP/RFI
* Delivering Proof of Concepts with installation of software and building of sample application solutions
* Managing post-sales relationships
* Working with IT Architects, sellers, business partners, and units of IBM as needed to create an effective solution for the client
* Providing technical sales leadership to key accounts to promote IBM UGI software usage and development of new opportunities
* Collaborating with business partners to develop their skills and solutions
* Other responsibilities include coordination of activities with internal and external service partners, presentations on marketing and enablement events, leading local
* UGI community, writing technical papers, brochures and articles, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
* Bachelor's Degree or Advanced/Higher Diploma in Computer Science.
* At least 5 years experience in Technical Sales Consultancy
* At least 5 years experience in UGI competitive solutions
* Ability to articulate and compare alternative solution approaches.
* The candidate must be able to demonstrate creative problem solving and independently generate solutions using analytical skills and business knowledge.
* English: Fluent and understanding of a local language would be an advantage
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
* You have knowledge in Data Engineering and understand what it takes to perform end to end data engineering life-cycle.
* Knowledge of Open Sources Technology such as Kubernetes and Docker
* Redhat Certified in OpenShift and Linux
* Product Solutions experience in the areas such as ETL/ELT, Data Quality, Master Data Management and Data Governance
* Understanding of End to end Data Integration, Data Quality, Data Warehouse, Building of Master Data Management and its ecosystem.
* Proficient in Unix/Linux, Unix/Linux commands and Scripting.
* Proficient in one or more of the programming languages : Java, Python (MUST), C/C++, Scala.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.