Job description / Role
Job Description Summary The Segment Leader is accountable to grow sales revenue and margins for Life Care Solutions Clinical Accessories within Emerging Markets. The Segment Leader executes a coherent product differentiation and commercial strategy for the accessory product line and optimizes the use of resources in conjunction with other product leaders, zone leaders and channel partners to optimize go-to-market strategies. He or she will work with the marketing and product teams for best product fit and value propositions in order to increase sales to achieve the Operating plan.
The Segment Leader is responsible to regularly update the LCS Modality management of evolving market trends and customer needs to drive the continuous product innovation adapted to regional market needs.
The Segment Leader contributes to the development of the Marketing Plan in his geography in collaboration with the Marketing Manager and other segment leaders and will coordinate its execution with all the stakeholders.
The Segment leader has direct management responsibilities of the Clinical Accessories commercial leaders and product specialists in the direct and indirect markets. He or she contribute to the coordination of One GEHC account activities in conjunction with regional leaders to bring maximum business results and customer satisfaction to GEHC.
The Segment Leader facilitates the identification and availability of the necessary tools, demonstration equipment, samples and infrastructure for his/her team and channel partners to enable an efficient sales process.
Key Responsibilities/essential functions include (but are not limited to):
- Is accountable to achieve the quarterly and yearly Clinical Accessories Operating Plan targets (Orders, Sales, Contribution Margin and Base Costs for assigned geographical area.
- Is accountable for timely and accurate forecasting of pipeline and sales per the normal reporting cycles
- Provide input to the formulation of the yearly business planning cycles e.g. Growth Playbook, win loss analysis and marketing planning
Customer, market and Product expertise
- Continuously develop deep clinical and technical knowledge including awareness of current and future trends in healthcare technology and healthcare funding mechanisms.
- Continuously update their understanding of the customers' changing clinical and/or operational issues and challenges.
- Understand and analyze market dynamics and competition to develop business opportunities and provide ongoing feedback to the management
- Educate and coach the differentiation (position, value proposition and key messages) of various Accessories within the Emerging Market and act as reference point to the team
- Execute the strategy with Key Opinion Leaders in product relevant care areas; maintain professional relations with key customers, academia, government & administrative bodies in order to ensure understanding of needs and the Accessories value proposition
- In conjunction with relevant marketing and regional Sales team resources, determine the market potential for Clinical Accessories and prioritize the opportunities.
- Attract, retain, educate and develop world-class channel partners to realize product commercial strategy.
- Is responsible to communicate appropriate operating plan targets based on market potential
- Is accountable to ensure compliance and execution of the regional sales process and rules of engagement
- Is responsible to ensure that all his/her team members have clear opportunity management activity and call plans to ensure efficient coverage of decision makers and influencers
- Is responsible for driving optimal operating mechanisms to monitor and track progress of opportunities in the pipeline as well as forecasting performance against Operating Plan, with the team
- Is responsible to drive optimal operating mechanisms to deliver on fulfillment targets and order backlog commitments
- Adhere to and uphold highest standards of promotion compliance to relevant international and local Regulatory and GE Healthcare Promotional Codes
- Adhere to all applicable GE and GE Healthcare promotion compliance policies, codes and training requirements
- Identify and report any quality or compliance promotion concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
- Education to Bachelor Degree level.
- Experienced in Sales / Marketing management positions within the Healthcare industry
- Knowledge of GEHC and exceptional knowledge of Clinical Accessories within LCS
- Previous experience of people management, leadership skills, as well as sales coaching & team building skills
- Strong business acumen; financial and organizational skills
- Advanced negotiation, problem solving and influencing skills
- High level presentation and interpersonal skills; able to communicate and present ideas to customers in a way that produces understanding and impact that builds effective strategic relationships
- Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport, collaboration and influence at all levels within an organization
- Act as inspirational leader with optimism, highly approachable and humble
- Ability to operate effectively in a multi-tasking, dynamic environment, while maintaining a forward-thinking and customer-first attitude
- Master's degree preferred Fluency in English language
- Healthcare experience
- Direct and/or Indirect management experience; managing in a matrix organization
- Strong track record in high technology product sales / solutions
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.