Job description / Role
• Providing individual and group counselling for personal, developmental and interpersonal issues.
• Providing crises intervention.
• Developing and providing preventative and psycho-social workshops to raise awareness and develop specialized skills related to areas of identified need within the community.
• Providing specialized referral guidance to the community.
• Functioning as an advocate for the awareness and understanding of mental health issues and the positive integration of this into the AUS community.
• Masters degree in counselling or psychology
• A minimum of 3 years related experience post qualification
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience and understanding of counselling a culturally diverse population
• Familiarity and understanding of the American Psychological Association code of conduct and ethics
About the Company
American University of Sharjah (AUS) was founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah. The university was envisaged by His Highness as a leading educational institution in the Gulf region. Located in University City, Sharjah, AUS is a not-for-profit, independent, institution of higher education formed on the American model.
It offers 26 majors and 45 minors at the undergraduate level, and 14 master's degrees through the College of Architecture, Art and Design; the College of Arts and Sciences; the College of Engineering; and the School of Business Administration. These programs are designed to meet the challenges of a competitive and dynamic business and industrial environment.
As a provider of quality higher education in the Gulf, AUS is licensed and its programs are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Education's Higher Education Affairs Division in the United Arab Emirates. AUS is accredited in the United States of America by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.