Job description / Role
A new opportunity has come up with a large medical and rehabilitation center in Abu Dhabi. They are looking for a Dietician. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Assess nutritional needs, diet restrictions and current health plans to develop and implement dietary-care plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Advise patients and their families on nutritional principles, dietary plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Consult with physicians and health care personnel to determine nutritional needs and diet restrictions of patient or client.
- Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation and quality standards.
- Organize, develop, analyze, test, and prepare special meals such as low-fat, low-cholesterol and chemical-free meals.
- Develop curriculum and prepare manuals, visual aids, course outlines, and other materials used in teaching.
- Make recommendations regarding public policy, such as nutrition labeling, food fortification, and nutrition standards for school programs.
- Purchase food in accordance with health and safety codes.
- Plan and conduct training programs in dietetics, nutrition, and institutional management and administration for medical students, health-care personnel and the general public.
- Plan, conduct, and evaluate dietary, nutritional, and epidemiological research.
- Coordinate diet counseling services.
- Select, train and supervise workers who plan, prepare and serve meals.
- Manage quantity food service departments or clinical and community nutrition services.
- Develop policies for food service or nutritional programs to assist in health promotion and disease control.
- Inspect meals served for conformance to prescribed diets and standards of palatability and appearance.
- Advise food service managers and organizations on sanitation, safety procedures, menu development, budgeting, and planning to assist with the establishment, operation, and evaluation of food service facilities and nutrition programs.
- Write research reports and other publications to document and communicate research findings.
- Coordinate recipe development and standardization and develop new menus for independent food service operations.
- Prepare and administer budgets for food, equipment and supplies.
- Plan and prepare grant proposals to request program funding.
- Test new food products and equipment.
- Confer with design, building, and equipment personnel to plan for construction and remodeling of food service units.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics OR Bachelor degree in Health Science with a major in Nutrition and Post graduate diploma or Masters in Dietetics (from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States or Western European Countries)
- At least 2 years of experience as a Clinical Dietitian in acute care hospital
- Willing to work in Abu Dhabi
- Must be willing to work for 48 hours per week
- With valid HAAD/DHA/MOH license (Candidates from UK, Ireland, US, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa and Canada are exempted, if based outside UAE)
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Allied Health Professional
NMC Specialty Hospital
|Abu Dhabi||19 Apr|
Sales Executive - Nutrition and Anaesthesia
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jun|
Ziad Galadari Group
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG