Job description / Role
A well-known medical facility is currently looking for a Clinical Pharmacist to be based in Dubai. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• To provide and develop a Clinical Pharmacy service to a variety of Medical and Surgical Specialities. Participate in consultant ward rounds, where feasible, providing clinical and financial advice as appropriate.
• Adhere to the Clinical Pharmacy Services Standards as determined by the clinical strategy and participate in Directorate MDT meetings.
• To act as a source of specialist advice and information and support Medicines Information for inpatient specialities.
• To work with the multidisciplinary team and educate patients / nursing staff about prescribed medication regimes (inpatient and discharge) with the aim of improving compliance.
• To achieve medicines reconciliation processes and enhance patient safety at ward level.
• To co-ordinate and monitor the provision of neonatal, paediatric and adult TPN as required.
• To contribute to the clinical focus of the department and participate in ward rounds, clinical hand-over and promote the role of the Pharmacist as an integral part of the hospital multi-disciplinary clinical team.
• To identify prescriptions that might present risks to patients and to resolve relevant issues before dispensing.
• To recognise and discern prescribing or administration errors, assessing potential risk & strategies to manage this risk. Making clinical interventions by challenging other professionals in their prescribing or administration practices and to ensure accurate records are kept.
• In the absence of other pharmacists provide a high level of pharmaceutical care on a variety of wards, as required.
• To liaise with nursing and medical staff to ensure that the clinical service reflects the needs of all users of the pharmacy service.
• To ensure that the pharmacy service is focused on the needs of the patients
• To ensure the appropriate use of the Bupa Cromwell Hospital antibiotic policy and other hospital medicine- related policies and audit compliance.
• To ensure that the Inpatient Clinical Pharmacy service is patient focused, responsive and appropriate and that the professional image of the department is upheld at all times.
• To work in the Inpatient pharmacy, undertaking responsibilities required of a dispensary pharmacist, including ensuring that medicines are dispensed in a legal, efficient and accurate way and that the appropriate clinical and other checks have been carried out.
• To ensure patients are given appropriate counselling and information regarding their medicines.
• To counsel patients on the use of their medicines and to counterprescribe suitable medicines if necessary
• To contribute to the co-ordination of the clinical services provided by the Pharmacy department as a whole and ensure medicines are issued and used in a safe and efficient manner and that protocols utilised are clinically based and patient focused
• To participate in near miss, intervention monitoring and Clinical Audit.
• To act as a mentor / tutor for cross sector pre-registration pharmacists and university placements as necessary.
The candidate must have;
• Bachelors degree (B.Sci. in Pharmacy) / PHD
• Successful completion of a recognized Residency program in clinical pharmacy
• Minimum two (2) years of experience post certification as a clinical pharmacist in hospital setting and Post graduate qualification in clinical pharmacy.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Pharmacist / Trainee Pharmacist
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Cluster Operations and Customer Service Lead
Supply Chain Executive
Gulf Marketing Group (GMG Group)
Product Manager - Hematology