Job description / Role
• Performs as a clinical expert or resource person in establishing, maintaining and improving nursing practice.
• Assesses the clinical practice needs of the staff through direct observation and/or staff assessment needs survey
• Provides clinical guidance and support to the staff based on the identified clinical practice needs
• Enhances clinical practice of the staff through progressive competencies and trainings
• Ensures the implementation and evaluation of standards of patient care delivery.
• Promotes adherence to hospital policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines
• Participates with staff to identify resources needed to meet patient care
• Provides indirect patient care as required
• Promotes collaborative approach to the Senior Charge Nurse, Charge Nurse, Unit head and other members of the interdisciplinary team through effective communication
• Supports and participates in the hospital’s quality improvement initiative/plans including audit analysis
• Demonstrates ability to positively implement change
• Facilitates with the implementation of new or revised policies/procedures, guidelines, etc.
• Ensures readiness of the staff during accreditation through active collaboration with the Unit Manager, Senior Charge Nurse, Charge Nurse, Staff Nurse and other disciplines.
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Licensed
• Minimum 8 yrs. experience in clinical care and / or Supervisory roles within Nursing Administration.
• Demonstrates evidence of a good overview of the service and the reporting structures
• Demonstrates evidence-based clinical knowledge in making decisions regarding patient and family care.
• Demonstrates up to date knowledge of professional nursing developments.
• Behave in ways that reflect the ethical standards of teaching and nursing.
• Demonstrates a teaching skills/ability and an educational focus.
• Incorporate educational strategies to promote active learning.
• Select and use effective teaching and learning materials/resources.
• Demonstrates a good presentation skill.
• Demonstrates a good knowledge related to accreditation and audit.
About the Company
Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital, Umm Al Quwain is accredited by Joint Commission International with the gold seal to assure patients and their families of best practices in safety and quality care.
The hospital’s state-of-the-art facilities are complimented by a highly skilled Consultants and specialists. And outstanding nursing care, set amongst the most sophisticated equipment available anywhere in the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services