Job description / Role
The Guld Cloud Sales Consultant team is a regional organisation whose role is to accelerate consumption of Oracle Cloud Services by providing a world-class customer experience on the Oracle Cloud. Customers will have access to cutting edge and deep technical subject matter expertise and solutions.. The primary goal of these teams is to move customer workloads to production environments to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) for Strategic customer implementations and for the Lift initiative
We are looking for exceptional candidates for the Cloud Infrastructure Domain. Success is measured providing the field and customers with world class technical subject matter expertise and drive the following outcomes:
- Cloud consumption growth
- New cloud customer acquisition
- A high performance, innovative, agile and collaborative team
- Continuous improvement of time to value
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver successful Customer Engagements leading to increased consumption
- Define the scope and deliverables of the customer implementations and deliver them as part of a virtual team
- Support the cloud team in describing the proposed workload migration to the customer thereby gaining their confidence.
- Ensure the work delivered is of the highest quality and to the deadlines committed.
- Leverage reference architectures and associated assets to automate as much of the migration as possible.
- Actively participate in the team meetings undertaking the migration using an Agile methodologies
- Transfer skills to customer, partner or other delivery organizations during the migration to ensure a seamless customer experience post the involvement of the CoE team
- Thought Leadership and Evangelism
- Continuously invest in deepening domain skills by taking relevant training courses
- Work closely with HQ Development to gain early competence in new domain solutions.
- Have a deep understanding of the competitors equivalent cloud offerings and OCI competitive differentiators
- Speak at industry events and seminars
- Cross-collaboration and Stakeholder Engagement
- Work closely and collaboratively as one team with the Infrastructure team members, field team and other domains within the region.
- Contribute to the relevant Communities of Practice (CoP) to foster better collaboration between different LOB's.
- Identify and develop team assets (white papers, blogs, slack support, reference architectures, and software migration components) to help other groups gain relevant experience in deploying their domain solutions on OCI.
- Governance & Reporting
- Complete all relevant certifications and other mandatory enablement
- Fully understand and leverage the systems in place to support customer workload migrations and other strategic engagements.
- Provide timely status updates and other reports as required.
- Solid hands-on experience in migrating or transforming large and complex customer solutions from on-premise environments to public or hybrid-cloud solutions
- Hands on experience with Virtualization Platforms like KVM/XEN/HyperV/VMware
- Experience in IPsec and SSL VPN, Load Balancing, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Knowledge of IPv4, IPv6, HSRP/VRRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS and VRF
- Experience with firewall implementations (Layering, DMZ, SNAT/DNAT)
- Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and Layer 2 and Layer 3 deployment architectures
- Ability to run Customer Proof of Concepts on Virtualization Platform
- Experience with various routers and firewall appliances from Cisco, Juniper, etc.
- In depth knowledge of various cloud & on-premise infrastructure components & Networking
- Deep expertise in IaaS, ability to drive customer requirements into cogent designs/patterns
- Knowledge of data storage protocols including CIFS,FC,FCoE, iSCSI and NFS a plus
- Industry technical certifications such as VCP, VCAP, VCDX, CCIE
- Orchestration/automation skills (Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, PowerShell or similar)
- Hands on exposure to the cloud infrastructure of other cloud providers
- At least 8-12 years of overall relevant professional experience.
- Discuss key trends and insights and leverage them in driving executive decision-making discussion with customers
- A passionate self-starter in developing new architectures to solve enterprise challenges. Research, test, and document new technologies
- Ability to translate customer requirements into a scope and implementation plan
- Understanding of commercial business to effectively position Oracle solutions and why they offer superior TCO vs competition
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and highly comfortable speaking across all levels of management and technical audiences
- Build strong relationships with HQ Engineering/Product Management teams to be a customer advocate with HQ Development on required enhancements or in support escalations
- Clearly able to understand and articulate the Oracle Go-To-Market strategy in Gulf across the Oracle portfoli o
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.