Job description / Role
Here at Shahid, we are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Architect focused on digital media workflows and cloud computing technology to help develop, support and drive new platforms, solutions, and global digital content workflows for the Shahid platform.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to design, build and deliver on a number of projects making use of multiple AWS and AWS Elemental services (Amazon EC2 compute, Amazon S3 storage, Amazon Simple DB/RDS databases, Amazon CloudFront CDN, AWS Media Convert, Media Package etc.) Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, working cross-organizationally to facilitate widespread use and adoption of the AWS platform, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The role requires knowledge and experience of the DevOps domain, including development, CI/CD, automation, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management and cloud service delivery to set our team’s values and establish the development and production service KPIs which drive our success. The ideal candidate is results oriented and thrives in a results driven culture that values innovation, leadership, and collaboration.
• Design, build and delivery of digital content workflows across encoding, metadata, packaging, DRM, CDN
• Management and governance of multi AWS accounts – including IAM, security, automation, IaC
• Owner of all the architecture and design for Shahid Media Supply Chain workflow and solutions
• Manage and lead a team to develop PaaS and IaaS solutions in AWS for the technology platform
• Manage all projects associated with delivering scalable cloud solutions for internal R&D and the final Shahid products for internal and external customers
• Champion Agile and Devops methodologies as a means to improve operational process and increase velocity of the team.
• Continuous technical leadership and ownership of software quality and delivery.
• Be the technical spokesman of the cloud products
• Works with cross-functional teams, product management, development and operations to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements of Shahid
• Involvement in the hands-on elements of software delivery such as coding, design and development of prototypes, and design concept explorations for reference implementations.
• Performs technology due diligence on cloud software development and architecture topics, including open source
• Works across the broader company to develop and drive long-term cloud strategy, technology vision, and the roadmap for the company’s product’s
• Provides data to senior management on the new trends and threats in the cloud computing space
• Deliver innovation initiatives to drive new business revenue and projects
• Ability to mentor other architects and engineers in career and skill growth
• Very strong technical leadership and ability to command respect at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work effectively across diverse groups of a large distributed company, including presenting to and persuading senior execs
• Ability to contribute to multiple projects/demands simultaneously
• Entrepreneurial drive with demonstrated ability to achieve/stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment with shifting priorities and loosely defined objectives
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.