Job description / Role
IBM Application Consultants work directly with our clients on key initiatives. You will have the opportunity to build an in-depth understanding of their business issues and implement organizational strategies that drive adoption of change. We are looking for experts who can build credibility and trust with our clients and provide knowledge that addresses individual and unique business needs.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Cloud Migration Engineer Intern, you will be part of the team responsible for migrating our clients' applications and systems to the cloud, primarily using Azure and AWS platforms. You will work closely with the project manager and technical teams to assist in ensuring that the migration is completed on time, within budget, and meets all the required specifications.
- Assist in analyzing on-premises applications and systems, and identifying the necessary changes required for the cloud migration
- Help develop and execute migration plans, including the identification of risks and the development of mitigation strategies
- Assist in designing, implementing, and managing cloud-based infrastructure and services on Azure and AWS
- Learn how to ensure high availability, scalability, and security of cloud-based systems and applications
- Gain experience in automating cloud infrastructure deployment and configuration management using tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Participate in creating technical documentation and providing training to end-users, support staff, and other team members
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Solid understanding of cloud computing concepts and technologies, particularly Azure and AWS (experience is a plus, but not required)
- Strong interest in cloud migration tools and services
- Basic programming skills in one or more scripting languages such as Python or Bash (experience is a plus, but not required)
- Interest in infrastructure as code concepts and tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or CloudFormation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you're interested in this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you!
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.