Job description / Role
Client Technical Specialists (CTP) are the technical experts and advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners. As a CTP you understand the client's business requirements, technical requirements and/or competitive landscape. You apply your business insights, build and maintain client relationships, incorporate hardware, software and services into client-valued solutions and ensure client readiness for the implementation of technical solutions. This is an opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start your journey now!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The primary focus of the Cloud Platform Architect (CP) is to assist clients in designing and implementing solutions on IBM Public Cloud. The CP Architect is a pre-sales role who engages with Enterprise clients to interpret their business requirements into technical solutions on IBM Cloud. The CP architect is expected to help clients in their journey to cloud especially during early implementation phases/migration to IBM cloud Platform. Some of the specific technologies that the CP Architect will use include:
- IBM Cloud IaaS
- VMware Solutions
- IBM Kubernetes Service
- Cloud Foundry
- Redhat OpenShift
- IBM Cloud Databases (Cloudant, Db2, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgre)
- Watson APIs
Responsibility of successful candidate will be to:
- Be able to communicate, and present to CxO level audience
- Work with clients to design solutions for deployment on IBM Cloud
- Support sales team in building succesful engagements with client
- Utilize and guide related service offerings to facilitate IBM Cloud adoption & Migration to cloud
- Assist clients in the early implementation/migration phases of their cloud projects
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience in designing Solution Architecture on Public Clouds
- Extensive experience in Pre-sales and working with large teams
- Experience working on Software development projects that includes high degree of automation
- Excellent knowledge/experience about IaaS
- Excellent experience with technologies listed above especially VMware & Kubernetes/Containers
- Good knowledge about using APIs
- Good knowledge about DevOps
- Good knowledge about Blockchain
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience in Public Cloud Platform
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.