Job description / Role
• Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to small-and-medium sized accounts. The role is a combination of a Field Sales Rep and Inside Sales Rep.
• Works to achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory.
• Territory may be combination of geographic, product, industry and other customer / market dimensions. Sells to the territory directly or via partners.
• The territory that this rep covers does not have an Inside Sales Rep or Field Rep. Utilizes inbound and/or outbound techniques to identify, qualify and close new opportunities.
• Manages accounts throughout the entire sales process, and collaborates with team members in business development, consulting and support to uncover all customer needs. Responsible for understanding Oracle's product offerings and competitive issues to develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Travels to customer sites to identify / develop sales opportunities.
• Participates in the development, presentation, and sales of a value proposition.
• Onsite customer presentation with C-levels to negotiate and close strategic and complex deals. Liaises with customer contacts for the purpose of managing the customer relationship, identifying new opportunities and maximizing sales.
• Duties and tasks are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment.
• Fully competent in own area of expertise.
• Failure to obtain results would have serious consequences and need expenditure of resources.
• May have a project lead role.
• Highly developed selling, customer relations, and negotiation skills.
• Successful sales track record.
• Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle's competitors.
• Interaction with C level players.
• Team player.
• Ability to penetrate accounts and meet with stakeholders within accounts.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Travels to customer as needed. 5+ years relevant sales experience.
• BS/BA degree or equivalent preferred.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Cloud Platform Sales