Job description / Role
Requisition ID: 267689
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
About the Team:
One of the key deployment options for our customers is the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) offering. SAP HEC is a comprehensive cloud infrastructure offering and therefore acting as an essential part of the overall Cloud Strategy of SAP.
Being part of SAP's customer success organization, we are looking for highly motivated and customer-focused team members to strengthen the Cloud Architecture & Advisory team (CAA). The Cloud Architect acts as a primary point of contact for all technical topics with regards to cloud deployment, pricing from customer perspective and is working closely with all the other internal teams.
You will support the sales teams during the entire cycle of a Cloud deal.
Key tasks are:
- Present S/4 HANA Cloud Standard Edition and SAP HEC service offering
- Present technical requirements and value proposition for SAP HEC Customer Edition deployment
- Conduct detailed technical discovery workshop with customers to define the future Cloud architecture and plan the migration roadmap together with Professional Services. Perform TCO analysis, compare and contrast with other available options to support sales cycle
- Guide customers around Business Continuity, Security & Compliance, Networks etc.
- Work with BID teams to generate pricing and provide ongoing deal support to sales teams
- Own the technical discussions with the customer on the HEC topic and act as the orchestrator of experts to obtain expertise from HEC organization as required
- Work closely with HEC CTO office to help mature HEC Customer Edition offerings by providing technical expertise and feedback from the customer
- Proficiency in customer communications and presentations
- Understanding of SAP technologies (releases, platform interdependencies etc.) and platform stacks (storage, virtualization, hardware, networks etc.)
- Understanding of technical capabilities of at least one of the following Cloud IaaS providers: Hyperscaler (AWS; MS Azure or GCP) or HPE Greenlake or Lenovo Truescale
- Fluency in German and English is a MUST, any other MEE regional language is an asset
- 5+ years of SAP Technology Consulting experience (e.g. BaBasis Admin, DB Admin, Migrations, Upgrades, Business Continuity etc.)
- Experience with IaaS Providers (such as HPE, Lenovo) and data centers setup is a big advantage
- SAP HANA and S/4 HANA skills would be very helpful
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.