Job description / Role
Oracle Cloud Solution Architects bridge the gap between business and technology –speaking the value language of business and technology with C?level individuals. They combine a deep understanding of technology and architectural patterns to drive IT transformation initiatives that meet the business objectives of our customers.
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions.
The Cloud Solution Architect will be working closely with Oracle Sales to develop new business as well as to position Oracle’s Solutions at the heart of the largest transformations, including focus on solutions based on Oracle Public Cloud Services.
Ideal Candidates will be seasoned senior level professionals who not only possess deep experience with IT transformation but also significant experience in cloud. A strong understanding and practical experience in planning and delivering cloud migration projects from traditional on-premise deployment models
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be a trusted advisor to our customers by helping them define business outcomes and translating these into appropriate architectural and operational solutions that the customer can then consume through Oracle
• Lead by example demonstrating a clear understanding of industry best practices and migration / transformational methods. This must include an ability to make these relevant to a customer
• Manage and communicate to multiple stakeholders and team members both internally and externally
• Create awareness in the market on Oracle cloud capabilities through seminars, industry events and customer workshops
• To position Oracle’s Public Cloud Solutions at the heart of the largest IT transformations,
• Position requires approximately 25% travel
• 10+ years of experience in consulting/ design/implementation with enterprise level integration technologies working across a hybrid model, e.g. Enterprise Service Bus, Service Oriented Architecture and Integration Platforms on Cloud with a good understanding of Service and Data Integration needs.
• Capable of engaging at CIO-CEO-CTO level, and effectively map the IT structure of the customer and identify / uncover / develop large opportunities through a solution architecting approach
• A passion for Technology Architecture and Delivery;
• A collaborative and team-building attitude;
• Wide knowledge of IT market and trends
• Knowledge of full Oracle stack including Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Gen2
• Technical degree required; Computer Science background highly desired
• Fluency in English and Arabic is essential, and French will be an advantage.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Detailed knowledge of architectural approaches including consolidation, cloud computing, virtualization, disaster recovery, information management, big data, Java applications, Oracle and non-Oracle applications
• Professional experience with architecting/operating solutions and frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, etc.)
• Deep, hands-on design and/or delivery experience in public cloud IaaS and PaaS services (AWS, Azure, Google, IBM or Oracle)
• Understanding of security and compliance ISO27001, PCI:DSS, FCA, Data Protection (GDPR).
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives (up to C-level), IT Management, and developers.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as event presentation on-site and via remote digital technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Certification.
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Cloud Engineer (AWS/Azure)