Job description / Role
We are looking for cloud systems engineers to join our Cloud infrastructure development group. Cloud systems engineers are responsible for the operational support, maintenance and expansion of our private cloud platform. The Cloud infrastructure development group ensures maximum uptime of our private cloud platform. He or she is also act as a part of the escalation, issue triage and technical support processes.
• Knowledge and experience of OpenStack production design, operations and troubleshooting;
• Expert level experience with server-level operating systems Unix/Linux, facilitating high-level engineering, architecture design;
• Understanding of network and distributed storage systems such as, CEPH, EMC ECS, HDFS and protocols like FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS (concepts and architecture);
• You are knowledgeable of networks, routers, switches, firewalls and deep understanding TCP/IP stack;
• Strong developments experience with shell, Python etc.;
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible would be beneficial;
• Develop and maintain system documentation, including diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environment with initial onboarding, upgrades and recovery;
• Follow production support processes to document day to day support activities, contribute to knowledge base and improve our overall accuracy and efficiency;
• Support our 24/7/365 always-up, always available production services;
• Identifying opportunities that can improve efficiency of operations and IT processes.
• Minimum 7 years proven work experience as a Linux Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar in a Linux production environment;
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues;
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
• Self-driven, motivated and results oriented, customer-centric mindset;
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
About the Company
Parisima specialises in building high performing workforces that improve business performance. Our experience has demonstrated that the most effective organisations view their employees as their most important asset and view Talent Management as a holistic end-to-end complementary process.
Whether it’s a partial or fully outsourced recruitment solution or a focus on a particular area of your talent acquisition cycle, our solutions are tailored to address your specific challenges. We are experts in optimising talent acquisition and resourcing functions to build high performing organisations with high performing individuals.
Through key strategic partnerships, Parisima is the only organisation in the Middle East that specialises in addressing the full employee lifecycle. This includes Hiring (talent acquisition, applicant-tracking systems, assessments for recruitment and development) and Retention (employee engagement surveys, employee recognition and reward programs and executive leadership programs).