Job description / Role
Position: Raffles Club Agent
Department: Rooms Division / Raffles Club
Reports to : Raffles Club Supervisor / Raffles Club Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To be responsible for all activities relevant to Raffles Club guests such as the reception, private check in / out, cashiering, foreign exchange and assisting guests with inquiries.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet guests at all times in a friendly and helpful manner
- Register and room all Raffles Club guest arrivals according to established procedures
- Perform check-in, check-out and room change procedures and ensure all data is accurately entered into the hotel system
- Liaise closely with Butlers to escort and do follow-ups on guest requests or requirements
- Maintains cashier float and ensure accurate daily report of all money received
- Cashes hotel guests' personal and travelers checks and assists with currency exchange
- Keeps abreast of all modifications to accounting policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures for programs such as Seasonal Packages, Frequent Flyers Programs and Hotel Loyalty programs (Raffles Ambassadors)
- Attend to guest's complaints, inquiries and requests; refer problems to supervisor/Assistant Manager if he/she unable to assist
- Is familiar with other Raffles properties so that guests indicating any next destination on the registration card can be "sold" on an onward booking to another Raffles property
- Ensure that guests depart the hotel with a positive impression of the hotel service
- Perform audit balances and prepare all reports for audit in an orderly fashion
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures
- Offer secretarial duties for guests such as faxing, posting, copying, scanning etc.
- Maintain exemplary department standards of behavior and appearance and attitude
- Ensure that Reception and Lounge work area is clean and in an orderly state at all times
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures
- Set up for Breakfast, High-Tea & Cocktail Hour & ensure timely replenishment of amenities
- Forecast weekly stock intake on food and beverage in the lounge
- Good level of engagement with guests
- Ability to work cohesively as a team with a multi-cultural workforce
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of integrity, enthusiasm, dedication, support for continuous improvement
- Good knowledge of Front Office and F&B Operations
- Post Secondary school education or Diploma from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum 1 - 2 years' relevant experience in customer service/guest relations
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.