Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
The Position Overview
- To provide personalized and high standard bar service to Guests and patrons.
- To Contribute globally to guest satisfaction through the quality of his/her work and exemplary behavior
- To manage the bar
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read daily events to be aware of any VIP arrivals.
- Must have a complete working knowledge of bar items, ingredients and preparation
- Ensure all details of service are performed properly for every guest
- To understand and adhere to Beverage Department Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide a friendly and personalized welcome for guests and constantly attentive to their needs
- Change ashtrays, serve cigarettes and wipe down bar area
- Carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver
- Ascertain guest satisfaction and handle any problem which may arise, informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
- Promotes the Club Millesime offer and help to create a good atmosphere
- When possible greet regular guests by name and note and serve preferences accordingly
- Professionally set up bar at the start of opening, including drinks, icing, glassware, juices and garnishes
- Process drink orders in proper calling order both from guests directly and from service staff, checking for correct order and managing billing quickly and efficiently
- Make all drinks in accordance with Hotel's standard beverage manual
- Receive and check beverages against previous shift's requisitions
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the Club Millesime
- Organize requisition, pick up and verification for F&B items used in the bar areas
- Ensure that the bar is fully stocked and all side opening and closing duties are completed
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays
- Keep the bar area neat and tidy at all times, regularly clearing dishes and glassware
- Manage security in the work area, and at no time to leave the bar area unless properly relieved by a colleague
- Assist with cleanup - mopping floors, removal of cans and bottles, general cleaning of rails and counters, removal of melting ice in bins
- Maintain complete knowledge of all F&B services, outlets, hotel services/features
- Able to handle cash following established and proper Accounting procedures
- Behave and acts in an exemplary fashion, embodying the brand mindset.
- Welcomes guests, handle the sale and provision of all bar services available
- Interacting with guests, taking orders and serving snacks and drinks"
- May have to serve guests located outside the bar, maintains excellent relations with colleagues, particularly with departments close to the bar (restaurant, lobby etc)
- Ensure equipment remains in good condition
- Apply the procedures for opening and closing a point of sale
- Communicate and work in close cooperation with the other departments (Kitchen, Reception, Butlers, etc)
- Familiar with all the hotel's and Club Millesime services and informs guests about them
- Creates a friendly atmosphere at the bar
- Manages the stocks, inventories and setup for the bar in line with brand standards
- Is responsible in the meet of the department's targets by:
- Following the preparation instructions to the letter and using the right doses
- Avoiding waste and loss of merchandise
- Respecting the hotel's procedures and internal audit processes
- Driving Guest Satisfaction Index
- Ensures that the workplace remains clean and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
- Respects the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
- Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
- Respects the hotel's commitments to the "Planet 21" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)""
- Respects the specific rules governing the service of alcoholic beverages
- Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language
- Team player with a creative and outgoing personality
- Must be well-presented and professionally groomed at all times
- Good communication, self-confidence and customer contact skills; good problem resolution skills
- Good Food and Beverage product knowledge. A good knowledge of beverage service styles and techniques, beverage preparation and specialized beverage orders of service is required. A good knowledge of all beverages.
- Dynamic, autonomous and proactive
- A thorough and organised approach
- Good physical condition, resistance in the stress
- Secondary school education
- Vocational certificate or diploma in F&B, or bar work and/or anyone eager to work in the sector regardless of their educational background, pending validation of their skills and motivation
- Languages: fluent in English language, French language would be a plus.
- Minimum 2 years food and beverage experience with detailed bar knowledge
- Previous public contact and/or cashiering experience
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.