Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
SOFITEL DUBAI the obelisk
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 594 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 96 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To be responsible for all activities relevant to Sofitel Club guests such as the reception, private check in / out, cashiering, foreign exchange and assisting guests with inquiries.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet guests at all times in a friendly and helpful manner
- Register and room all Sofitel Club guest arrivals according to established procedures
- Perform check-in, check-out and room change procedures and ensure all data is accurately entered into the hotel system
- Liaise closely with Butlers to escort and do follow-ups on guest requests or requirements
- Maintains cashier float and ensure accurate daily report of all money received
- Cashes hotel guests' personal and travelers checks and assists with currency exchange
- Keeps abreast of all modifications to accounting policies and procedures
- Knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures for programs such as Seasonal Packages, Frequent Flyers Programs and Hotel Loyalty programs (Sofitel Ambassadors)
- Attend to guest's complaints, inquiries and requests; refer problems to supervisor/Assistant Manager if he/she unable to assist
- Is familiar with other Sofitel properties so that guests indicating any next destination on the registration card can be "sold" on an onward booking to another Sofitel property
- Ensure that guests depart the hotel with a positive impression of the hotel service
- Perform audit balances and prepare all reports for audit in an orderly fashion
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures
- Offer secretarial duties for guests such as faxing, posting, copying, scanning etc.
- Maintain exemplary department standards of behavior and appearance and attitude
- Ensure that Reception and Lounge work area is clean and in an orderly state at all times
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures
- Set up for Breakfast, High-Tea & Cocktail Hour & ensure timely replenishment of amenities
- Forecast weekly stock intake on food and beverage in the lounge
- Post-Secondary school education or Diploma from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum 1 - 2 years' relevant experience in customer service/guest relations
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.