Job description / Role
- Implement necessary control system related to Revenue and Expenses and assist in all accounting and system related matters under the direction of Financial Controller
- Assist the Financial Controller in managing and organizing the day to day operations in the Finance Department.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Cooperate, coordinate and communicate with other departments in matters concerning accounting, and internal controls.
- Must possess ability to deal effectively with all levels of management within the hotel and to accomplish objectives through personal relationships in areas where little formal authority exists.
Professional techniques / Production
- To ensure the timely transfer of guest ledger in to proper city ledger accounts sorted by customer
- To liaise and check with sales department on all disputes pertaining to rates, complementary rooms, no show charges, credit arrangements, etc
- To check all the credit cards' transaction and prepare summary of all the manual credit card sales slip for the bank, if any
- To prepare monthly credit card reconciliations file
- To prepare Statement of Account at the end of the month for each debtors and send them and other routine reminder letters as and when required
- To study, analyze and report all outstanding accounts during credit meeting and as and when necessary
- To prepare room commission to Account Payables for payment to agency as agreed per contract
- To prepare monthly outstanding guest deposits reconciliation
- To prepare and issue monthly Barter Agreements report
- To prepare A/R Aging report
- To daily update A/R sub-ledger and check the balance in the General Ledger
- To keep the follow-up tracking form for each debtors' file are updated
- To be able pass journal entries whenever required
- To perform related duties and special project as assigned.
Management and administration
- Ensure all accounts staff are proficient in hotel accounting policies and procedures and are diligently implemented.
- Supervise Finance Department in the absence of Finance Controller.
- Assist Financial Controller in budget and forecast preparations
- Should be able to work any position (Accounts Payable, Income Auditor, Paymaster, General Cashier, Cost Controller and Receivable Accountant) during vacation of those permanent staff members
- Be punctual at work and behavior be geared in a way as to represent the hotel in the best possible way at all times
- Ensure that confidential records and other information is properly safeguarded and not removed from office
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned by the Financial Controller
Hygiene / Personal safety / Environment
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture such as computer, calculators, general office equipment assigned to you and to associates reporting to you
- Be well familiar with hotel's policies and procedures; well acquainted with the physical layout of the Hotel and should acquire a sound knowledge in hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threats, blackout and evacuation
- Wear appropriate business attire (as per Hotel policy) and ensure a proper appearance so as to represent the hotel in the best way
- The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by Heartists holding this job title.
Additional to the above-mentioned requirements a Heartist will at times be expected to perform tasks and duties outside of his/her scope of work as necessitated by work demand.
Your experience and skills include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
- Competency using a variety of computer softwares
Your team and working environment:
- Supportive to your team and create an open environment where ideas are welcomed and Trust is instilled.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.