Job description / Role
The Cluster Director of Revenue Management is responsible for working with the commercial team to determine strategic goals and tactical efforts, which drive total revenue to Fairmont Ajman and Fairmont Fujairah hotels. The Cluster Director of Revenue Management is then responsible for ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the hotel. This role serves as the objective decision maker that ensures the best interest of profitability is served in the overall hotel as well as ensuring the integrity of rates and long-term customer investment.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf of Oman and lauded for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains, a Fairmont flag will fly at Fairmont Fujairah. The project will consist of a 194-room hotel with dedicated meeting facilities, a Willow Stream spa and a marina. The hotel is scheduled to open in the last quarter of 2016.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the hotel.
- Maximizing net room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
- Ongoing education of Reservations and Front Office ensuring revenue management concepts are understood
- Monitoring demand and recommend selling strategies.
- Conducting regular audits of PMS, CRS, GRC, GDS, ensuring accuracy of rates, package information and availability.
- Monitoring and executing rate strategies using inventory management tools [CRS, PMS, etc].
- Working with the commercial team to determine effective and engaging offers, which are then offered to the right customer in the right channel.
Is engaging and supports the hotels selling strategy in all distribution systems.
- Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting.
- Works with DOSM and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business, using Fairmont guidelines.
- Tracking competitive set pricing and yield strategies, understanding the comp set’s reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Preparing materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the Fairmont guidelines for meeting content.
- Preparing timely revenue summaries as required.
- Overseeing the input of contracted wholesale space for each season.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on commentaries for each market segment.
- Recording, maintaining and analyzing current, historical and statistical data
- Participating in the planning processes for the hotel budget, marketing and strategic plans.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the reservations team.
- Monitoring to ensure telephone sales techniques are employed in such a way as to support our selling strategies and driving customer loyalty.
- Ensuring a clean and safe working environment in accordance to health regulations and adhere to all Fairmont Environmental policies and procedure
- At least 2 years minimum experience is a similar role
- Degree in Hotel /Hospitality in Management.
- Demonstrated performance track record
- Must display strong analytic al, organizational and administrative skills to be able to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with the ability to sustain a high level of productivity and efficiency at all times.
- Proven leadership, organizational and guest service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Property Manager (Opera), IDeaS, MFR (Opera CRS)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven leadership skills, experience managing colleagues a plus.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Adapt to change quickly and strong multi-tasking.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Apply Today: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests