Job description / Role
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our Sales & Marketing professionals are ambassadors of the engaging service and authentically local experiences we offer in places of unrivalled presence. The Cluster Marketing Manager will be working closely with the Social Media and PR & Communications team and reports to the Cluster Director of Marketing and Digital Marketing to reach the targeted goals of the Hotel as defined in the marketing plan. The Cluster Marketing Manager will also assist, manage and lead the public relations function of the hotels through the development and implementation of successful strategies which are market focused, supportive of marketing plans and in line with both Company and Hotel Mission and Vision. This role requires maintaining the relationship between the Hotel key partners within the local community.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf of Oman and lauded for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains, a Fairmont flag will fly at Fairmont Fujairah. The project will consist of a 194-room hotel with dedicated meeting facilities, a Willow Stream spa and a marina. The hotel is scheduled to open in the last quarter of 2016.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Marketing and Digital Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Support campaigns using direct and indirect marketing, branded programs, and sales activities for designated market segments
• Provide marketing support for all food and beverage initiatives and promotions
• Assist in establishing clear communication channels with marketing, sales and the executive committee on marketing related topics and promotions
• Develop and work with selected partners on various marketing campaigns to maximize the business potential as well as the awareness of the hotel
• Assist in the creation and approval of all rooms advertising through a centralized agency to ensure consistency and brand standards. Includes print, flyer and radio campaigns. Additionally, will assist in advertising placement if necessary
• Assists with social media postings (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to name a few) as well as involvement in the digital strategy from a consumer perspective
• Monitor hotel advertising (where relevant) and provide feedback to media buying agencies on positioning and appearance
• Review and update the hotel’s image gallery. Assists in the scheduling of new photography where required and provide on-site support ensuring that brand standards are followed
• Contribute ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, including the organization of invitation lists
• Follow up on the developments from competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.)
• Organize the annual and quarterly marketing promotions calendar
• Assist with the monthly marketing report to the Dubai Regional Office (DRO), inclusive of compiling the results (ROI) for each campaign.
• Develops and actions a realistic and approved annual Public Relations/Marketing Plans that represents our entire product.
• Attends relevant functions, events or receptions with a view to positively promoting our properties’ events or products.
• Copy write and proof reads all English copy, for all marketing material and collateral with final approval by the Cluster Director of Marketing and Digital Marketing.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience as an Assistant Manager or atleast one year as a Manager.
• Arabic Speaker is an asset.
• Hospitality experience is a must.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and other relevant computer applications required (design, video editor, photo editor, etc.)
• University/College degree in a related discipline required
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible and reliable.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests