Job description / Role
The Hyatt Place Experience. Hyatt Hotels have long been known for going beyond simple accommodations to create rewarding experiences for their guests. Through dramatic design, innovative cuisine and attentive service, Hyatt approaches the hotel stay as an opportunity to inspire. Hyatt Place, a new kind of Hyatt where the style's relaxed, and the standards are anything but. Hyatt Place is designed to give guests a brand-new hotel experience. And you are the key to bringing it to life. At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. All of our activity is aligned to our purpose of "we care for people so they can be their best".
In the position of Sales Manager - Corporate you will be responsible to assist the Director of Sales & Marketing in managing the Corporate Sales of Sales & Marketing department as a successful independent profit center, ensuring highest business levels, through planning, organizing, directing and controlling the hotel sales operation and administration.
Not only will you do amazing things within the hotel, you will make a name for yourself and your team outside of the hotel. Partnering and participating in local community events and initiatives.
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment. If you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you!
- Achieves the monthly and annual personal target contributing to the Sales revenue.
- Develops and reviews Personal Business Plan which is linked to the Hotel's Annual Business Plan.
- YOY growth in Average Room Rate of the segment.
- Achieves YOY reduction in AR days by active involvement in recovery of payments from customers.
- Entertains and conducts hotel inspections to clients whenever required.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationship with the established clientele and constantly explores into new business opportunities.
- Liaises and works closely with the related operation departments ensuring guest's requests and expectations are being met.
- Ensures responses within stipulated timelines.
- Handles all customer complaints and service recovery promptly.
- Maintains complete and supported records of all Sales Agreements, Contracts and Quotations for the Hotel.
- Database Management
- Account Mapping
- Monthly MIS
- Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Conducts extensive competitor research and maintains excellent Product Knowledge of the Hotel.
- Develops and maintains SWOT analysis at all times.
- Constantly monitors and evaluates local, national and international market trends, and the competitor hotels' sales initiatives, in order to make sure the hotel's sales remain competitive and cutting edge.
- Ensures professional sales Calls using Hyatt's Consultative Selling
- Conducts Lobby duty every day to interact and prospects clients.
- Reviews and constantly seeks Productivity level improvements through the process of "taking work out of the system" (when appropriate) and thorough streamlining of work process.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To be flexible in your job function and perform any other reasonable duties and responsibilities which may be assigned to you, including redeployment to other departments/areas if required, in order to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. Our values of Empathy, Creativity, Fun, Humility, Integrity and Respect are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged.
- Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in Corporate Sales in the UAE market as Sales Manager or 2 years as Senior Sales Executive with large scale hotel
- Refined English verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to adapt and work in a diverse culture and environment
- Must have proven experience in making quick and efficient decisions
- If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and thrive in a fast-paced team environment then you just might be the candidate that we're looking for!
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.