Job description / Role
Selling a memorable experience in an authentic location is the essence of a Sales Manager's role at Fairmont Ajman and Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort. Your professionalism and knowledge of the Hotel will reflect positively in how you present the property. Building strong relationships will create a bond, ensuring your clients will always stay with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened in May 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf of Oman and lauded for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains, a Fairmont flag will fly at Fairmont Fujairah. The project will consist of a 194-room hotel with dedicated meeting facilities, a Willow Stream spa and a marina. The hotel is scheduled to open in the last quarter of 2016.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Sales, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
• Ensure the achievement of sales objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
• Solicit group and banquet business through action plan preparation and execution
• Establish parameters, quotes and negotiate prices, confirming by written contracts
• Participate in tradeshows, conventions and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations
• Maintain accounts, contact, activity and business details within the appropriate software applications
• Work closely with Catering and Front Office to ensure all details of the contract were delivered and guests depart satisfied
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
• Balance operational, administrative and client needs
• Follow departmental policies and procedures
• Follow all safety policies
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous Leisure Sales experience required, preferably in a luxury hotel in the UAE.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and/or relevant computer applications required
• University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible, organized & reliable
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Apply Today: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
About Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Sales Manager - Group Sales
Sales Manager - Leisure
Cluster Sales Manager- Corporate & Groups
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Sales Manager - Group & MICE
Event Sales Coordinatior